Virgin Media - Can i Get Just The TV package?

10 replies
Found 10th Sep 2009
I already have BT landline, and FREE orange broadband so I just need the TV package.
I have checked on the website and all prices have a star next to it with the star meaning 'when you take a virgin phone line for £11/mnth'

I know overall it will cost the same or maybe cheaper but do not want to go through the hassle of switching from BT or Orange to Virgin.

10 Comments

you CAN have just the tv package, BUT it will cost you an extra £11 a month, even if you dont take the phone line.
seeing as your going to pay for it anyway you might as well have the line, never hurts to have 2 numbers, give the 2nd line number to only your closest friends maybe? use it as a fax number? many possibilities.

Or just pay the extra £11 but dont have the line.

Strange, I cant see the option of just TV either. However, I have broadband without a phone line (and I don't pay for one).
Phone them and ask.

Banned

BeeKeeper;6254769

Strange, I cant see the option of just TV either. However, I have … Strange, I cant see the option of just TV either. However, I have broadband without a phone line (and I don't pay for one).Phone them and ask.

What you paying? Id be surprised if they havent just added the £11 to the broadband price!

Banned

on subject of virgin got 50meg installed this my speed bit disapointed
http://www.speedtest.net/result/561373831.png

Yes You Can Get It I Was Told by one of them guys on the stalls in town,
I think he said it was £14.95 for the min package though.

guv;6254813

What you paying? Id be surprised if they havent just added the £11 to the … What you paying? Id be surprised if they havent just added the £11 to the broadband price!

I pay £20 now but my first 6 months were half price.

Banned

BeeKeeper;6258501

I pay £20 now but my first 6 months were half price.

then you are paying.

its normally £18.50 for line rental and 10mb Broadband so you are even paying over the top (unless of course you have 20/50mb BB)

found this on their website for existing BB customers

Please note: Virgin TV services must be taken with a Virgin phone service. Our Size:M Virgin phone service(£11.00) will be pre-selected for you, you can upgrade this on the phone page.

Banned

csiman;6263020

then you are paying.its normally £18.50 for line rental and 10mb … then you are paying.its normally £18.50 for line rental and 10mb Broadband so you are even paying over the top (unless of course you have 20/50mb BB)

loooool

He's paying £12.50 (instead of £11) for line rental that he's not even been provided with!

Banned

guv;6263244

looooolHe's paying £12.50 (instead of £11) for line rental that he's not e … looooolHe's paying £12.50 (instead of £11) for line rental that he's not even been provided with!

yep - unless beekeeper has 20mb ;-)

then again, looks like VM have put the BB 10mb alone up to £20 very recently.

I would be straight on the phone negotiating a discount!

found this on their website for existing BB customers

Please note: Virgin TV services must be taken with a Virgin phone service. Our Size:M Virgin phone service(£11.00) will be pre-selected for you, you can upgrade this on the phone page.

I've just checked on the virgin site : ]http//al…264

It seems that the £20 I'm paying is correct.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best watches under £500?11
    2. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1120
    3. GoPro Hero 5 Black22
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V22

See more discussions