Virgin Media Cancellation issue

Found 11th Sep 2017
I have been having lots of dropped connecting with Virgin for about 3 to 4 months now due to the modem restarting itself about 5 to 10 times a day. To resolve this, they had a engineer visit my house, replaced my Hub3 with a new one, but still my problems are not resolved.

My contract ends with Virgin in October, so I signed up with Vodafone.

I called Virgin for cancellation a few times and finally got them to cancel the service. I have payed for Line rental saver in April and discussed with the customer service agent at that time where he confirmed on the call that if I move away from Virgin in October, I will get pro rated line rental saver back. Now the cancellation team tells me that I will not get a refund on the linerental saver. I validated this online and their terms say that I don't get a refund. I am clearly lied to when I was paying for the line rental saver in April. What can I do in my situation? Do I have to lost the money I already paid for linerental saver?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
There is no new contract for the broadband part... only the line rental, I had to pay in advance for an year.
My virgin media account shows online that my contract expires in October.

I have not read anything at that time. I just took the word from the customer service rep that I am ok to cancel it when my broadband contract expires.
Edited by: "VBV" 11th Sep 2017
Cant say I have ever seen anyone get line rental saver refunded otherwise everyone would pay it up front if they could afford to, regardless of when their contracts end.
Raise a complaint, ask them to listen to the call, if the agent gave the wrong info then they'll have to refund you.
PKRichie9 m ago

Raise a complaint, ask them to listen to the call, if the agent gave the …Raise a complaint, ask them to listen to the call, if the agent gave the wrong info then they'll have to refund you.

I could almost guarantee the call was not recorded that day.
I was told wrong info on amount of data I would receive with a new phone line I took out last year. I realised when I got the phone. Rang up had to lodge a full complaint n phone calls because I knew they would record the calls I insisted they listen to the calls. then eventually a manager listened to the call and doubled my data allowance. I would have thought you could do a similar thing given that companies record calls. You wouldnt havetaken it out if it couldn't be refunded etc
Dannyrobbo28 m ago

I could almost guarantee the call was not recorded that day.

All calls should be recorded automatically, if it's not then that will go in your favour, it's then your word against theirs.
PKRichie2 h, 20 m ago

All calls should be recorded automatically, if it's not then that will go …All calls should be recorded automatically, if it's not then that will go in your favour, it's then your word against theirs.

You will find that "calls MAY be recorded for training and monitoring purposes" it will be determined that they can't find a record of your call and according to the terms of the agreement you signed there's probably no refund.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 11th Sep 2017
You're going to have a long stressful battle ahead with virgin media if you pursue this.

With Virgin in particular, when you have a doubt about anything and you're asking a question - record the call. They will tell you so much nonsense it's unreal. It's fantastic if you record the call because you can prove the nonsense things they've agreed to, and then they have to bend over backwards to rectify it. But if you haven't you're stuffed.

Ask for the recording of the call. But it's most likely "gone missing".

Sometimes it's better dropping a question here, because you'll get a more accurate answer half the time than what any Virgin media call rep will give.

From the very beginning line saver rental has never had a refund clause.
Edited by: "Gynx" 11th Sep 2017
Thanks for all the inputs guys. I am thinking I will have to stick with Virgin for now to avoid the stress... based on the info given here.
VBV11 m ago

Thanks for all the inputs guys. I am thinking I will have to stick with …Thanks for all the inputs guys. I am thinking I will have to stick with Virgin for now to avoid the stress... based on the info given here.

Just cancel in April is probably the best option now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants