Virgin Media - Cancelling in 14 day period

Posted 17th Oct
Just a quick one, I cancelled in 7 days when I switched to Virgin but due the connection keep dropping in my area and speeds not even coming as half the gurantee

It was officially cancelled 7 days in and I got told I’m not going to be charged.

Now I get a bill of 49£ which is going to be taken from my account 1st nov

I asked them what it was for? They said it’s for the services I used... however disconnection fees has been taken off.

Obviously told them “what services? I cancelled within 14 days? You didn’t deliver”

Expecting a call back from manager to speak about this.

The terms say if you cancel within 14 days you don’t pay disconnection fees but the sales person who was selling this said “I don’t pay anything — if we don’t deliver on speeds just cancel in 14 days”

PFFFTTT
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
As with all services, customers are allowed a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period after signing up for a new subscription (this includes existing cable customers taking a new service). If you cancel within 14 days of activation the company will refund the first month’s costs and set-up charges. You will still be charged for any calls, texts, upgrades or purchases you’ve made during that time.
fearona17/10/2019 16:02

As with all services, customers are allowed a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period …As with all services, customers are allowed a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period after signing up for a new subscription (this includes existing cable customers taking a new service). If you cancel within 14 days of activation the company will refund the first month’s costs and set-up charges. You will still be charged for any calls, texts, upgrades or purchases you’ve made during that time.

I never made any calls. We don’t use the landline for calls. That’s what I thought that’s why I’m baffled at the invoice.
fearona17/10/2019 16:02

As with all services, customers are allowed a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period …As with all services, customers are allowed a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period after signing up for a new subscription (this includes existing cable customers taking a new service). If you cancel within 14 days of activation the company will refund the first month’s costs and set-up charges. You will still be charged for any calls, texts, upgrades or purchases you’ve made during that time.

Don't want to get all Martin Lewis, but is the cooling off period negated if the sign up took place at the premises of the vendor?
As opposed to distance selling over the phone/internet which does include cooling off period.
Raise a complaint if your on twitter tag ofcom that usually prompts them to look at it quickly.

TBF sounds like a automated error. Assuming your monthly bill should have been £49?
u66454117/10/2019 21:00

Don't want to get all Martin Lewis, but is the cooling off period negated …Don't want to get all Martin Lewis, but is the cooling off period negated if the sign up took place at the premises of the vendor? As opposed to distance selling over the phone/internet which does include cooling off period.

Nope, contracts such as this, finance agreements, mobile contracts etc all have a 14 day cooling off period in which you can cancel regardless of where it was agreed/signed.
What does the £49 refer to?
u66454117/10/2019 21:00

Don't want to get all Martin Lewis, but is the cooling off period negated …Don't want to get all Martin Lewis, but is the cooling off period negated if the sign up took place at the premises of the vendor? As opposed to distance selling over the phone/internet which does include cooling off period.

It was all done over the phone...
bally1234517/10/2019 21:55

Raise a complaint if your on twitter tag ofcom that usually prompts them …Raise a complaint if your on twitter tag ofcom that usually prompts them to look at it quickly.TBF sounds like a automated error. Assuming your monthly bill should have been £49?

Monthly bill would have been around £35.99
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants