Virgin Media changed my online offer

Posted 14th Nov
Last month, I've given one months notice to cancel my contract with Virgin Media as they raised the price too high (my contract was going to end this month).

Last week, I received an email of £49 (Full TV + Other channels also M200 and Weekend Calls). Yesterday, I accepted the offer and received a confirmation email with the same package offered.

Today, I received a contract through an email with different package (£56 Less TV channels, M100 and Weekend calls). I talked more than 2-hours to different representatives to find out what's going on. Some of them put my on hold and disconnected the phone call and some didn't manage to find the contract. One of the representative put me to cancellation team and I received disconnections email of my contract without my consent (I requested the representative not to cancel my contract yet).

I was already raised the complaint from Virgin Media website but didn't get confirmation of that complaint. So, I had to find some emails from search engine and send a complaint to those emails. Some of those emails bounce back (wrong emails or no response). Hope there should be some way to keep the offer which I've accepted?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

8 Comments
That ramble suggests you've had a luck escape. Winning.
The old virgin disconnect, they do this to me 9 out of 10 times.
You received a email with the offer, there’s no problem just forward it back to them they will honour it.... complain via twitter and social media they hate it and will get back to you soon....
Bargainhead15/11/2019 05:48

You received a email with the offer, there’s no problem just forward it b …You received a email with the offer, there’s no problem just forward it back to them they will honour it.... complain via twitter and social media they hate it and will get back to you soon....

Thanks,
I've filled the complaint form yesterday but didn't get confirmation also still waiting for the response. I will take it to complain via Twitter or other social media platform.
They are a nightmare. I was given an offer for the same as you for £44 a month. When the contract came through it was £65 a month with no kids tv channels. 2 weeks & Several phone calls later discounts have been applied to my account & kids channels added back on to make it £44 as agreed. The contract still shows £65 though, they say they can't change it. I have kept all names, dates & times of calls though incase of further dispute.
love2save15/11/2019 07:32

...discounts have been applied to my account & kids channels added back on …...discounts have been applied to my account & kids channels added back on to make it £44 as agreed. The contract still shows £65 though, they say they can't change it....

Retaining standard price and applying a discount during a fixed term is the natural method of applying a promo.
I had nothing but trouble with Virgin when I cancelled they owed me money but sent threatening letters to me saying I owed them.
It took ombudsman to sort it out and Virgin spoil my credit rating
I had to call them again as they are not responding to my complaints (emails) either. Also forwarded the Offer and confirmation Emails to the Supervisor. They promised me again to ring me back and since two days waiting for the phone call.

Just raised complaint to Ombudsman, hope they will sort this out.
Edited by: "KB90" 17th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions