Virgin media complaint at the highest level?

Posted 27th Apr 2020
Hi everyone,

Could do with some advice with Virgin Media Broadband.

Earlier on in January, I gave them a call asking them to leave as my broadband package had become very expensive at £65 per month.

The retention team asked to stay and offered a reduction in the package to £39 per month for a 12 month extension - I agreed.

Recently, I checked my bills and noticed I was still being charged £65.

I rang the retention team again, and they were confused as to why no-one had processed the changed to £39 given they could see on their system I had agreed to it.

The rep spoke to the manager who said, they would honor the £39 per month, starting from today for 12 months.

I asked:

1) what would happen to the previous 3 months since Jan that I was being overcharged even though I had agreed?

2) Will I be locked into contract til January 2021 (1 year since I initially agreed) or April 2021?

The rep said I would NOT be eligible for a refund on the past 3 months and I will be locked into contract til April 2021 now.

I expressed to the rep that this is clearly a loss for me as I'm out of pocket approximately £75 as a result of overcharges for past 3 months and I'm now tied to Virgin for an extra 3 months.

The rep started to get very rude at that point not understanding my point of view and saying "do I want the package or not?"

I said, no I'd like to speak to a manager about this as I'm out of pocket through no fault of my own, at which point he said, right, I'll see "ya" later and hung up.

Any idea how I can formally complain about this whole procedure and take it to the highest level? I think this whole outcome is unacceptable when they've admitted they've made a mistake by not processing the changes in January and now can't offer my money back or honour the contract from January.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
46 Comments
Post a comment