Virgin Media contract ending in October...

Hi,

I'm a student and have currently got the £27/mth package (tv M , Internet L , phone M ) and am currently living with students who have already paid me until october. I'm moving out of this property in June and moving into another house in september '09 and was wondering what the best way to get the best deal would be :

1) tell virgin we're moving house and tell them to give me a better offer
2) Cancel the contract and signup online again to get the best offers..?

Do I get to keep the box and router if we cancel?

Thanks in advance

The first time I got £65 quidco back, but if i sign up again using my name I doubt they'll give me the money

2 Comments

mmm tricky one, I told them I was moving and the guy upgraded my package so I was getting the same as a new customer... apparently your contract starts all over again when you move house as it goes with your address...

If you decide to cancel they will come and collect your box and router as this is on loan from Virgin, you'll find it in your terms and conditions.

You could always give them a phone and see what they'll give you... if you cancell you have to wait something like 3 months before you can sign up with them again (can't remember where I heard that sorry).

Original Poster

angelwithdirtyw;4738161

mmm tricky one, I told them I was moving and the guy upgraded my package … mmm tricky one, I told them I was moving and the guy upgraded my package so I was getting the same as a new customer... apparently your contract starts all over again when you move house as it goes with your address...If you decide to cancel they will come and collect your box and router as this is on loan from Virgin, you'll find it in your terms and conditions.You could always give them a phone and see what they'll give you... if you cancell you have to wait something like 3 months before you can sign up with them again (can't remember where I heard that sorry).

Has anyone had a better deal from them? Now with the quidco at £120 it might be more wise to sign up as a new customer?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
    4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions