Virgin media customers are you being ripped off like me?

Found 5th May 2012
Long story bear with me. I had a call in March from virgin media offering to upgrade my broadband to xl. The price would be exactly the same as my new price after the increase and they would send out a super hub free. I took the deal. A few days later I had changed my mind and spoke to retentions. They offered me to keep the same package and reduce my price great no price increase as I took a new contract. My latest bill shows has had the price increase added. Rang them today and they denied ever offering me either of the deals. Ripped off!

28 Comments

Banned

fart down the phone

They are very clever told me that they will credit my account cause my internet was not working but they Neva did when I rang them they refused that

If they have denied offering the new deals then you are not in a new 12 month contract.........therefore tell them you wish to cancel your services.I am sure they will offer you a deal via retentions,only this time make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to,and make a note of date and time.

This happened to me to. Virgin are liars sho will promise the world to get a contract and deliver nothing. Best thing i ever did getting rid of them.

They are terrible to deal with, You have to keep at them to make sure they give you the discount they keep promising, They are useless.

I can honestly say that I have never had an issue with dealing with Virgin(or Telewest as was).They have always delivered what they offered and any faults and installs dealt with promptly.

Original Poster

They did reduce so I am in a new contract but they also added the price increase which they said they wouldn't . They gave me a 6 months refund of the price increase as a sorry but still haven't reduced it to what they said

Banned

i wish some one would post a a viable alternative to VM......

Phone and ask them to get the recording of the phone call and then they can't deny

sherbolton

They did reduce so I am in a new contract but they also added the price … They did reduce so I am in a new contract but they also added the price increase which they said they wouldn't . They gave me a 6 months refund of the price increase as a sorry but still haven't reduced it to what they said

So they have reduced the price then!

The price increase is across the board,inflation vat etc.......we all have to suffer that one I'm afraid.I am guessing that you have misunderstood what was offered maybe.

I had a nightmare scenario with them a few months ago. Got the usual automated replies and very little help. In the end I sent my email complaint direct to the CEO of Virgin Media. Within a few hours I had the team from the Executive Office of Virgin Media contacting me and dealt with me professionally and brought to an amicable conclusion. Here is his email:
neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

They suck really, they said we could have faster broadband for cheaper, the £50 stuff, then they charged up, this was suppose to be a upgrade for been with them for years, phone line rental is £13.90, i mean...... hello, i could get a sim card and use £13.90 of calls cos everyone does deals nowadays for £5 or something.

They installes our lead under my bedroom carpet, my rooms right near the stairs, i wanted to fake getting my foot caught and falling down the stairs, then when we moved 8 yrs ago, they didnt answer, the line was dead, even using a phone box to call, line kept cutting out there end, we had the same router for 10years till it died and they gave us a new one. we call them and we dont get a discount off our
£13.90 line rental
£20.00 internet, internet is 20mb, i see you can get 50mb now for less then we pay. a nice bill each month for £39... i can get tv/phone/net for £20, but no they suck and wont lower my bill!. i dont have the tv..............

you should call them up and yell at them, and if they moan back go to sky, cos i would

Well, two can play that game, deny even knowing who they are, cancel the direct debit and get freeview

Banned

jayjayuk1234

Well, two can play that game, deny even knowing who they are, cancel the … Well, two can play that game, deny even knowing who they are, cancel the direct debit and get freeview

yeah - freeview is great for the internet oO

RFC

i wish some one would post a a viable alternative to VM......

Except imo there is no viable alternative to Virgin's broadband.

Banned

deek72

Except there is no viable alternative to Virgin's broadband.

exactly... deek.

Banned

RFC

exactly... deek.

what about infinity?

colinsunderland

what about infinity?

Ok. I was just inferring that imo Virgin is the best broadband. Have updated original comment to reflect this.

colinsunderland

what about infinity?

Is that available without a landline?

Original Poster

Sent a complaint to the ceo let's see what happens

Original Poster

Got a call, they offered me 6 months reduction on the price increase. No admission of getting it wrong tho. They just said we all had to face the price increase. Also said I am not tied to the new 12months contract. Said they will deal with it internally about staff giving out false information. Don't think I believe them!

Banned

punkstoner1

We are having a bad time with them at the mo.VM have turned into a really … We are having a bad time with them at the mo.VM have turned into a really dodgy company to deal with.

you could say that about all companies

the fact remains that VM have far higher customer satisfaction levels than BT etc etc

muckypup

I can honestly say that I have never had an issue with dealing with … I can honestly say that I have never had an issue with dealing with Virgin(or Telewest as was).They have always delivered what they offered and any faults and installs dealt with promptly.

can you ask them for my £279.00 then that they rob from my account

richey2015

Do it yourself you lazy sod!

richey2015

As you've just replied to an almost 3 year old post, I'd imagine his situation may have changed.

3 yrs on, they're still lying. They're a nightmare. Was swapping to sky, who suddenly upped the price at same time Virgin rang and offered a good deal. I said I didn't have time to talk/ wanted to consider, so got then to email the offer. Gone ahead, yep, Virgin have upped the price. Glad I've got the email as they do tell lies. Ringing to cancel is on my to-do list for tomorrow. Let's see what BS they come up with....

72?

mr321

72?

?

Im having trouble with Virgin mobile. They keep taking extra out of my bank account. Had lots of other problems with them too (including staff offering things and it not being carried out, being lied to, cba to go through them all but needless to say my husband and I have switched to Tesco mobile and on the 27/4/15 I can put 30 days notice in to cancel my daughters sim. They're a nightmare lately.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants