Virgin media (existing customers) pro needed

Posted 7th Jan
Hi I'm a long standing customer (very few of us left) and yes I have basically no hair left as I'm always pulling my hair out over new customer offers and price rises.

My point is price in currently getting 100mb + TV maxi (incls kids drama ect) + skymovies + phone weekends (cheapest 1) and currently paying almost £90 per month!

I was offered a deal for typical 6 month period (why is it always only 6?) of 70 without sky movies and £75 with. Works out as a £90 saving.

Should I jump ? Or is there more I can do or change to improve service or lower the cost?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

34 Comments
The way I always go about this is find out your best options for if you did leave, have prices ready including any offer price for new customers. Then call up and tell them you want to leave, I’ve never not achieved the same offer they have for new customers. It’s a shame they don’t reward existing customers better from the start though!
Use ur partners details and see what a new customer would get?
We are both joint account holders,
(I'd have to leave to get new customer deals)

As for other companies I need 100mb 4 person household and my son's a Fortnite fan
Your paying more than the ooomph deal which is everything from virgin with 500mb internet + unlimited everything SIM card
You don't have to be with Virgin - remember that fact! Phone them & tell them exactly what you've said here, that you're not at all happy that you, as a loyal customer, are paying way more than a new customer. They may give you some excuse that you've already had a discount years ago - tell them that you're not discussing what you used to pay but what you're paying now. Tell them that if you went to, for instance Sky, you would only pay XXX per month. Then wait & see what Virgin offer. If they don't offer anything like what a new customer would get let them know that you're not happy. Ask them why they're willing to offer a deal to new customers but not to you. If they say that they can't do any better then tell them that you're leaving - remember that you're the customer & it's up to them to convince you that they are worthy of your custom & money.
You’re paying far too much, cancel properly, leave without a deal, they’ll ring u back usually in a weeks time & fingers crossed you’ll get a far better deal .. you have to be prepared to leave properly though.

I get 200MB internet, full tv Package, Sky Sports & Movies, plus 3 extra V6 boxes in bedrooms for about a £14 more than u!
Go down to broadband only and get iptv, save you a fortune...
Bargainhead07/01/2020 15:44

Go down to broadband only and get iptv, save you a fortune...

one thing i don't understand with virgin is why are there broadband only deals more expensive than broadband with landline etc?
They've just offered me 100mb + TV maxi (incls kids drama ect) + phone weekends for £60, and I can't seem to shift them lower. My job today is to see what Sky will offer and then potentially cancel Virgin.
To get the very best deal with Virgin you’ll have to go through the motions of cancelling & then deal with their retentions department.
Wow! You pay nearly 4 times what I pay although I have just the mix tv, 100mbps, talk weekend.
Istanbul07/01/2020 15:54

one thing i don't understand with virgin is why are there broadband only …one thing i don't understand with virgin is why are there broadband only deals more expensive than broadband with landline etc?

Broadband uses the same line regardless of whether you use the phone. Should be the same price really.

one thing i don't understand with virgin is why are there broadband only …one thing i don't understand with virgin is why are there broadband only deals more expensive than broadband with landline etc?

Because they're hoping you have a tenancy to pick up the phone and ring people meaning you get stung on their ridiculous charges
£25 quid a month, no contract 50mb.

There not for me, I got broad band by itself cheaper than a package.. years ago it use to be cheaper for the package. But I always ring up for deal..
Best of luck getting a deal from virgin. They keep putting me through to foreign call centres and the advisors there are useless. If any other provider offered a decent fibre connection of 200 mb or so I would dump virgin.
Zero.Chill07/01/2020 16:45

Comment deleted

That’s lovely of you to speak for virgin! Thanks so much!

ALSO ITS WERE x2
Thanks for input, I'm gonna go again at them tomorrow with some quotes
I’m paying £99 for two V6 boxes, all the channels, 500MB interwebs, anytime phone calls and an unlimited SIM.

All I had to do for that was ring up and tell them I was leaving and they just offered me that with no pushing.
Stu.C07/01/2020 16:03

They've just offered me 100mb + TV maxi (incls kids drama ect) + phone …They've just offered me 100mb + TV maxi (incls kids drama ect) + phone weekends for £60, and I can't seem to shift them lower. My job today is to see what Sky will offer and then potentially cancel Virgin.

I jumped ship to Sky this evening, getting a deal from the "cabin" in Liverpool One... £47 month for Sky Q 1TB UHD box, movies, entertainment, kids channels, on demand box sets, HD option, Netflix, anytime phone and fibre broadband (expect 35 Mbps), and I got a £75 MasterCard.
Edited by: "Stu.C" 7th Jan
Cakeboy7907/01/2020 20:52

I’m paying £99 for two V6 boxes, all the channels, 500MB interwebs, an …I’m paying £99 for two V6 boxes, all the channels, 500MB interwebs, anytime phone calls and an unlimited SIM. All I had to do for that was ring up and tell them I was leaving and they just offered me that with no pushing.

New customers (or your other half, haahmm....) will get this for £89 a month plus either a free TV or £150 cashback. Plus either £170 topcashback or £165 quidco. Obviously minus the £35 activation fee.
Stu.C07/01/2020 23:43

I jumped ship to Sky this evening, getting a deal from the "cabin" in …I jumped ship to Sky this evening, getting a deal from the "cabin" in Liverpool One... £47 month for Sky Q 1TB UHD box, movies, entertainment, kids channels, on demand box sets, HD option, Netflix, anytime phone and fibre broadband (expect 35 Mbps), and I got a £75 MasterCard.

Sky are a terrible company. Their installers are lazy and unskilled. I chased 2 engineers from my house. No manners - going upstairs without asking, on their mobiles constantly, trying to find easiest cable route for them!!!! Even suggested I put phone line into the bedroom given it is 5 feet away from the incomer! Took them through ombudsman and won!
Cancelled yesterday as our 200mb BB only had lost another discount this month.

Stay with me, we have had a number of discounts since the October 2018 price increase but went from £17 for a few months to £20 for 6 months plus, to £26 no idea why but £9 for two months and back to £26 until this month when it went to £41.

asked why I was leaving told them it’s because of the lost discounts, woman in the UK oddly, said it would go up to £46 in March but she could do an offer of £38. Told her no as we were paying £20 at the beginning of last year. Went away and came back with £33.

Told her no and we cancelled, this afternoon a call from retentions, why leaving told her the same thing because we were paying £20 she went and checked and 15 seconds later she came back with £20 for 12 months. Took longer to get through security.

deals are still to be had if you have marketing preferences set up correctly and you get the call back.
eslick09/01/2020 22:40

Cancelled yesterday as our 200mb BB only had lost another discount this …Cancelled yesterday as our 200mb BB only had lost another discount this month. Stay with me, we have had a number of discounts since the October 2018 price increase but went from £17 for a few months to £20 for 6 months plus, to £26 no idea why but £9 for two months and back to £26 until this month when it went to £41.asked why I was leaving told them it’s because of the lost discounts, woman in the UK oddly, said it would go up to £46 in March but she could do an offer of £38. Told her no as we were paying £20 at the beginning of last year. Went away and came back with £33.Told her no and we cancelled, this afternoon a call from retentions, why leaving told her the same thing because we were paying £20 she went and checked and 15 seconds later she came back with £20 for 12 months. Took longer to get through security.deals are still to be had if you have marketing preferences set up correctly and you get the call back.

You’re paying £20 per month for 200 mp
sashahook14/01/2020 08:18

You’re paying £20 per month for 200 mp

yep, 12 month contract. 39672410-1NkgS.jpg
eslick14/01/2020 11:25

yep, 12 month contract. [Image]

Great deal you have there,I pay £28 a month for the same broadband speed 12 month contact.
mike3314/01/2020 11:34

Great deal you have there,I pay £28 a month for the same broadband speed …Great deal you have there,I pay £28 a month for the same broadband speed 12 month contact.

Think I was lucky to get it but just told them last year I was on the same deal couldn’t believe it when they offered it for 12 months

As a new customer? Or retaining deal?

Amazing price! Fuming I had to argue with them and I’m paying £35
sashahook16/01/2020 22:54

Amazing price! Fuming I had to argue with them and I’m paying £35

Retention deal, did you actually cancel if you didn’t you aren’t offered the best deals. Last years deal is below.

eslick09/01/2020 22:40

Cancelled yesterday as our 200mb BB only had lost another discount this …Cancelled yesterday as our 200mb BB only had lost another discount this month. Stay with me, we have had a number of discounts since the October 2018 price increase but went from £17 for a few months to £20 for 6 months plus, to £26 no idea why but £9 for two months and back to £26 until this month when it went to £41.asked why I was leaving told them it’s because of the lost discounts, woman in the UK oddly, said it would go up to £46 in March but she could do an offer of £38. Told her no as we were paying £20 at the beginning of last year. Went away and came back with £33.Told her no and we cancelled, this afternoon a call from retentions, why leaving told her the same thing because we were paying £20 she went and checked and 15 seconds later she came back with £20 for 12 months. Took longer to get through security.deals are still to be had if you have marketing preferences set up correctly and you get the call back.

eslick17/01/2020 01:37

Retention deal, did you actually cancel if you didn’t you aren’t offered th …Retention deal, did you actually cancel if you didn’t you aren’t offered the best deals. Last years deal is below.

No didn’t cancel! Should have done! Still within the 14 days. May be I should ring again and cancel? How long were you without services please?
sashahook18/01/2020 09:15

No didn’t cancel! Should have done! Still within the 14 days. May be I s …No didn’t cancel! Should have done! Still within the 14 days. May be I should ring again and cancel? How long were you without services please?

You need to put in your cancellation, only way you get a call back from retentions and a good deal, they normally call back within a few dats and you don’t lose your service, just make sure online that your marketing preferences allow them to call you.
eslick18/01/2020 09:17

You need to put in your cancellation, only way you get a call back from …You need to put in your cancellation, only way you get a call back from retentions and a good deal, they normally call back within a few dats and you don’t lose your service, just make sure online that your marketing preferences allow them to call you.

Thanks for the help, fingers crossed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions