Virgin Media Fibre Installation Process Question?

Posted 4th Jan 2016
Over a week ago I joined up with Virgin Media for their (upto) 50mb fibre package after BT couldn't give me a good deal to keep me on as a customer. I chose to have the installation to be done on the 6th of this month.

I received two text messages last week to say 1) if its OK for an engineer to come today between 8am-6pm so I replied yes, 2) if its OK for an engineer to come on the 6th between 8am-1pm.

No one has turned up (yet) today, so I called Virgin CS and told them that no one has turned up and why is it that there is two different appointments booked for me. I was told that the engineers work upto 8pm and they may not need to attend my property today as they most likely be working on the local box/exchange to make sure everything is OK for the engineer to come and set everything up on the day I chose for installation (the 6th) when I signed up for the package over a week ago.

Just wanted to ask you fellow HUKD'ers that have had Virgin's fibre installed, if this is the normal procedure of installation by Virgin, thanks guys!!!
Community Updates
14 Comments
Post a comment