Virgin Media Free Directory Enquiries

11 replies
Found 26th Jul 2014
Getting the number IS free but if the operator on 118-180 connects it, they charge 15p. per minute even to Virgin Media subscribers. The number I had from the website for the store I was looking for turns out to be a fax number not a telephone number so I'm glad I refused on-going operator connection. So when the weather cools down and I can get out safely I'll call into their office and try to get a business card, always assuming they do have a telephone!

11 Comments

cobramed

So when the weather cools down and I can get out safely I'll call into … So when the weather cools down and I can get out safely I'll call into their office

Are you a snowman?

http://s27.postimg.org/xqp51xu8j/images.jpg

I love weird.

deeky

Are you a snowman?

My belly hurts from laughing so much X)

Original Poster

I had hoped I would be joining an intelligent community but just to put you both right, I have major diabetic complications and heart disease so it is unsafe for me to venture out in temperatures of 28C-82F. Once the temperature drops to below 20C-68F,, there is less likelihood of another heart attack. I needed stock levels on the USB fan. I've seen more than enough of hospitals to last me a lifetime.

cobramed

I had hoped I would be joining an intelligent community but just to put … I had hoped I would be joining an intelligent community but just to put you both right, I have major diabetic complications and heart disease so it is unsafe for me to venture out in temperatures of 28C-82F. Once the temperature drops to below 20C-68F,, there is less likelihood of another heart attack. I needed stock levels on the USB fan. I've seen more than enough of hospitals to last me a lifetime.

Oh. I'm sorry

If you need any help locating an item you can get help in the 'Ask' section of HUKD. We're all very helpful here, if a little 'off the wall' sometimes.

Banned

http://zerowoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly19.jpg

people still call directory enquiries? oO How quaint

cobramed

I had hoped I would be joining an intelligent community but just to put … I had hoped I would be joining an intelligent community but just to put you both right, I have major diabetic complications and heart disease so it is unsafe for me to venture out in temperatures of 28C-82F. Once the temperature drops to below 20C-68F,, there is less likelihood of another heart attack. I needed stock levels on the USB fan. I've seen more than enough of hospitals to last me a lifetime.

Ever heard of Amazon? They sell thatsort of **** and do next day delivery. HTH..

As for the intelligent community bit, re-read your OP, I wouldn't class that as particularly intelligent. I'm still not sure if it was a question, social statement or half arsed rant tbh.

cobramed

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Have you tried say no to 0870? Click here. It might have the landline number for the company you wish to contact.

Edited by: "Biddy2" 27th Jul 2014

cobramed

Hi cobramed, please don't be put off hukd, we're a nice bunch really.

And thanks for sharing the info on Virgin Media, I'm sure it will be useful; as previously (IIRC) they used to connect the call for free.

Original Poster

OK folks, thanks for all the replies. I will try Amazon to do a price comparison. I do have an account with them. £2.49 seems to be a good price from Home Bargains. I have to rely on another guy in the house to get my shopping in for me. The sad thing is that I worked on Search & Rescue with RAF Kinloss Mountain Rescue Team and did SAR missions in the seas around the Highlands when I was a Navigator on Shackletons in the mid-1960s when I was a lot fitter. Now I need to rely on the help and good will of other people. The statins I was taking for my heart disease have caused muscle weaknesss in the hips and legs, which means poor mobility. Kind regards
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions