Virgin Media (From 1st November, your bill will be going up by £3.99 a month)

Found 7th Sep 2017
Received an email from Virgin Media that from 1st November, my bill will be going up by £3.99 a month.
Is any one else received this big change as well please?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Nope.... not me. Maybe you are the only person who will get the price rise with Virgin.
deleted800342
Yes, ring them and they'll apply a £3.99 discount to your account to offset the price increase
deleted8003427th Sep 2017

Yes, ring them and they'll apply a £3.99 discount to your account to …Yes, ring them and they'll apply a £3.99 discount to your account to offset the price increase

Better than that for me, I moaned saying I was fed up of the increases. They knocked about 25 quid off. Give it a go just don't talk too much about other people's prices because they always say well their speeds are lower etc and they will just try to move you onto their lower speeds keeping the same margins just moan about price increases.
Original Poster
Just rang Virgin Media and tried to convince them that there are more offers around but didn't get any discount...
Edited by: "KB90" 7th Sep 2017
KB901 h, 36 m ago

Just rang Virgin Media and tried to convince them that there are more …Just rang Virgin Media and tried to convince them that there are more offers around but didn't get any discount...

Threaten to leave. The price rise gives the option to move elsewhere. Whether you plan to or not is up to you.
KB902 h, 7 m ago

Just rang Virgin Media and tried to convince them that there are more …Just rang Virgin Media and tried to convince them that there are more offers around but didn't get any discount...

If you search Ask you will find many recent threads covering the exact same Virgin email price increase.
And in those threads you will also find advice/options
That is the glory of using the SEARCH facility provided
Got the same letter time for a chat with virgin
I also got the email about the rise. So i rang retentions and said LOOK am not paying extra. So she goes okay, what i'll do. I'll update your Tivo box to V6 box and update the Superhub from 2 to 3. Unfortunately she couldn't waive the activation fee of £20 but now locked onto a new contract and paying the same as before. I was assured twice that i will not be hit with the price increase in November.

Hope this helps.
I spoke to customer services who said they would take off the price rise as I was still in contract with them. I also took the chance to have a moan about the terribly sluggish TiVO box which is being upgraded to the V6 box (need to pay £20 installation fee).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants