Posted 2 December 2015

Virgin Media how to change account to partner

I have virgin media at the moment and the contract is up soon so I want to change it to my partners name so she gets the new account discounts , what is the best way to do this and would there be any problem if her credit score is low ?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    She will get credit checked, and if she has bad credit will not be able to have an account. I know this as a mate tried getting VM recently and he had bad credit.

Not sure how it would work if just changing the name however, Probably works the same way. Maybe get onto live chat with them, don't tell them about the bad credit part though!
    Good luck doing this; when my Stepdad died my Mum tried to change the account to her name and they INSISTED they would have to speak to him. Still didn't understand when my Mum told them they'd need a ***** medium to do so. Utter heartless morons.
    Author
    momartin

Good luck doing this; when my Stepdad died my Mum tried to change the … Good luck doing this; when my Stepdad died my Mum tried to change the account to her name and they INSISTED they would have to speak to him. Still didn't understand when my Mum told them they'd need a ***** medium to do so. Utter heartless morons.

She will make a new account as a new person on the property and I will cancell my account when the 12 months are over.
    I tried this to get a better deal. I was told I would have to wait 30 days from end of contract before I could re-instate in another name. I said fine here is my notice.......Funny how then I was offered a better deal
    When I last negotiated I told them "If I close this account and get a family to open a new account I'd get "this offer"" and asked "was this system beneficial to VM". I kept my account and got the price reduced to just below "new customer offer".

I find if you talk openly and honestly with all the facts they generally give you what you want (so long as it's reasonable) and if not just cancel and get your family/partner to open new
    They actually charge £20 if you want to change the account name (I tried from my Bros name to my name) direct debit has always been in my account.
    Ended up singing a new contract getting it for half price for 12months and £150 quidco. had to change my home phone number tho and the new number must be simliar to a STD cinlic, because people leave voicemails about not being able to attend the clap clinic because there on the period etc
    Author
    Thanks but I think I will do what Phil says
's avatar