Virgin Media - I want to have an additional box has anyone else done this?

I have Virgin Tv in my bedroom and have just been bitten by cancelling my Sky (downstairs Tv) in an attempt to benefit from the free Sky+ box bribe. I am now wanting to replace the Sky box with an additional standard Virgin box. After calling the Virgin customer services the best deal I could get was a £30 installation (which I argued) and was offered £9.50 per month (this was the XL tv package) in addition to the 3 for £30 deal I am currentley subscribed to. Has anyone else got two Virgin boxes in the same house? If so how much do you pay?

7 Comments

Go to ebay and look up cable receiver. You can buy a box there at a one off cost.

Perfectly legal to buy, how you use it is up to you.

i have a v+ box downstairs and a standard box upstairs im on the 3 for £30 contract on xl package and pay £5per month for addiontal standard box

Original Poster

I already have a cable reciever doing nothing in the loft-wouldnt I need Virgin to put a cable into the location? Just had a brain wave which probably makes me look a right dong.....could I use one of those AV senders? Or something to the equivalent of Sky's magic eyes?

Original Poster

hgvdriver did you get both boxes at the same time?

geemaster;2229154

I already have a cable reciever doing nothing in the loft-wouldnt I need … I already have a cable reciever doing nothing in the loft-wouldnt I need Virgin to put a cable into the location? Just had a brain wave which probably makes me look a right dong.....could I use one of those AV senders? Or something to the equivalent of Sky's magic eyes?

Get a splitter and and like that one cable will go into your box upstairs and one downstairs!!! :thumbsup:

Edit: You will a Coaxial cable and splitters are around £2-3 or you may have one already fitted and they put one with two output ones on when they fit it!

no i had the standard box first and when i ordered the v+ they told me they will install it anywhere in the house for free just had to pay £5 extra a month

The box I was talking about costs about £80 and you can use it with your existing channels but if you wanted to enter a code that unlocks all the channels, it is supplied with the box.. You do that at your own risk though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
    2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
    3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
    4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions