Virgin media new customer same household

Posted 26th May
My mum called up to cancel and was offered a new contract (cheaper but still pricey) which she took but with 14 day cooling off period. Should she have refused, waited a few days for them to call back with a better deal?
Would it be best to cancel this new offer, ask to leave virgin and wait a few days for a call back to see if they offer anything better? Also what would happen if they don't call? I doubt you can take back an offer they offered before. We wish to stay with virgin and just get a better price.

I was also thinking about having my mum leave virgin and for me to sign up as a new customer (same address) to make use of new customer deals. I have been with virgin before as an account holder for my house at uni which was over a year ago, if that should affect anything. Would it be possible to do with this minimal disruption (internet connection required for WFH and such) by having the cancellation date and the new customer set up date on the same/next day?

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for any help
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You can, plenty have said they have done it, but there will be disruption with notice period/new customer start date etc
Told me there had to be a 30 day service gap for address to count as a new customer.
Virgin is the only company I've ever dealt with where retentions has offered me a deal, I've said no, and then subsequently been told that there were no deals available at all and I'd have to pay the full price without any discounts if I wanted to stay. Even after it cancelled and I switched to Sky, I received no further calls or offers.

So, if they offer something and you're prepared to pay it, I wouldn't mess around waiting for "a better deal". I did this as a bit of an experiment (and had no intention of staying) but I did call back a couple of times to discuss and was told the retentions deal I declined was no longer available and there were no offers they could apply at all.
Edited by: "lyesbkz" 26th May
lyesbkz26/05/2020 17:25

Virgin is the only company I've ever dealt with where retentions has …Virgin is the only company I've ever dealt with where retentions has offered me a deal, I've said no, and then subsequently been told that there were no deals available at all and I'd have to pay the full price without any discounts if I wanted to stay. Even after it cancelled and I switched to Sky, I received no further calls or offers.So, if they offer something and you're prepared to pay it, I wouldn't mess around waiting for "a better deal". I did this as a bit of an experiment (and had no intention of staying) but I did call back a couple of times to discuss and was told the retentions deal I declined was no longer available and there were no offers they could apply at all.

Every year I have had a virgin callback without fail, within days.

You need to make sure you have marketing communications turned on in your account settings as most people opt out of these.
sammy12526/05/2020 17:55

Every year I have had a virgin callback without fail, within days.You need …Every year I have had a virgin callback without fail, within days.You need to make sure you have marketing communications turned on in your account settings as most people opt out of these.

I had a call a few days after cancellation with the deal, and said I wasn't ready to accept it and would need to think (was about £50 a month). They didn't call back after that, and when I did ring up to ask, they said I could pay the full package price of £90, take it or leave it. I called once more right at the end of the notice and was told the same, and they never called me again in that time. Maybe just my own experience but it was very different from what I was used to with Sky TV, any mobile network I've spoken to, etc.
Edited by: "lyesbkz" 26th May
My mams bill went from something like £36 to £45 6 months later, then after the 12 months they wanted about £65. I cancelled and signed up as a new customer at her address, currently paying £29 for 100meg, phone and TV with the newer TiVo and Super Hub 3.
Just tell her to cancel and you sign straight up to a better deal. Or if you have a mate who works for Virgin tell them to get the team to ring
Think you will lose your telno as well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants