Hi all, I was wondering if I could get your advice on how to best deal with Virgin Media's retention team.
My current package consists of:
- Gig1 Fibre Broadband
- Talk Weekends (we barely use it, only on the package to make the broadband cheaper)
- Oomph Sim (used by my mum, but happy to go to another provider)
I have already put in my cancellation notice on the 7th, so services will be disconnected next month (7th October)
I have marketing preferences set to ON, but I haven't received a call back since I put a notice in. Can I expect a call next week? What has the situation been like for you guys?
I want to move to their Ultimate Volt Bundle and have been amazed at what you guys have been offered but I'm unsure if what I have been offered is good in comparison. I have tried talking to their team through WhatsApp but I haven't been satisfied with their offers:
The first agent I spoke to offered:
- Gig1 Fibre
- Talk More Anytime
- Maxit TV inc. Sports & Movies
- 2 Boxes (1 Main + 1 Mini)
= £69 for 18 months + £35 One - Time Charge
- This seems fine but it doesn't include the Unlimited O2 sim as my current package is already "volt boosted"
The second agent reviewed my previous chat logs but only offered deals based on my current contract:
- Gig1 Fibre
- Talk Weekends
= £58 + £6 to convert my current SIM to an O2 one, so I'm paying £64 all in (which is £5 less than the deal offered by the first agent).
Should I continue to wait for a callback from Retentions?