Virgin Media phone/TV/internet contract cancelation

Found 21st Aug 2017
I am moving address and was hoping to take my virgin package with me. So called up and was told at my new address virgin media is not available. I was then told my contract is till November and will still have to pay till then.

Did not think they would do this!!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
It's hardly their fault you're moving. They had a contract with you for the two years and if they can't provide a service because you chose to move they shouldn't lose out, is how they'd view it.
I can see both sides of the argument, It's common practise with VM though, they stung my mate when his father was moved into a care home 3 months into a 12 month contract.

Having said that, are VM not raising the prices at the minute ? that should be enough to end the contract without charge.
Original Poster
Yes see what you mean but anything could happen to anybody about having to move and if Virgin dont provide in the area where you move to then the contract should be back in their hands.

Spoke to say I wanted to end the contract instead of moving and they seemed to offer a better pullout fee of £31 plus they gave me back £21. So total change of £10 for 3 month cancel fee, so best to cancel instead.
cono16161 h, 54 m ago

It's hardly their fault you're moving. They had a contract with you for …It's hardly their fault you're moving. They had a contract with you for the two years and if they can't provide a service because you chose to move they shouldn't lose out, is how they'd view it.

Yes they in a price rise period so u can cancel without penalty. Just ring and tell them you are cancelling because of the price rise coming in Sep.
As above. You should have received an email regarding price increase. Opt-out of the contract for free.
Original Poster
Thanks that maybe why I was only changed for the 1 month until September then.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions