Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals

Found 14th Sep 2017
As virgin are increasing their prices above RPI anyone effected can leave their contract early.

I gave in my cancellation request, they offered me 100mb broadband, talk weekends and their freeview TV for £29. I continued to cancel.

Placed an order at BT and asked to port my number.

The following day got a call from virgin saying that they would pay line rental for the year (£19 per month) and a discount on any bundle. I opted for 200mb broadband, talk weekends and the basic TV for £25pm.

Same bundle with 100mb was (£21) and if I wanted talk anytime they said £4 more. I asked about the better TV packages and they said I could have the full house for £35 or mix TV with 200mb for £31

I think the 50mb broadband with talk weekends and freeview was £17/£18 can't fully remember.

A side note I used to be on the 200mb gamer package which included no traffic management and 20mbps upload speed, however they no longer offer this plan. The closest would be the new 300mb plan but I can't receive in my area so not sure about the price but would assume around £30.

I hope this helps someone.
Community Updates
21 Comments
Rang them up and tried to get something similar.. he was having none of it lol
Edited by: "Shino" 14th Sep 2017
I just got talk weekends, medium TV & 100mb broadband for my parents for £16, makes me feel sick that I pay £33 for just 200mb broadband and that was a hassle to negotiate!
I don't think they offer you these prices if you call. Its best to just give your notice to cancel and organise a new provider to port the landline number across. When virgin get the request for a number transfer, their retentions team will call you with the best offers
When you placed an order with BT were you able to cancel it after requesting the port?
Th3Fall3nKn1ght6 h, 11 m ago

I don't think they offer you these prices if you call. Its best to just …I don't think they offer you these prices if you call. Its best to just give your notice to cancel and organise a new provider to port the landline number across. When virgin get the request for a number transfer, their retentions team will call you with the best offers

I wouldn't bank on this. I called up asked for best deal as paying too much. Their best deal was still more than new customers, so I said fine here's my 30 days notice.
contacted BT, via the deal on here, and asked for number to be ported. Virgin Media still have not called and Im being cut off tomorrow. New Install Monday.

So, yes, put notice in and either wait for a call or call back later. But don't think you are guaranteed a call back
About to do the cancellation / retention dance with Vigin Media myself after reading though the various threads on Pistonheads, MSE and here... what fun!

I'll be sure to report back.
Pay 300mps and full tv except sports for £25
puddles99992 h, 3 m ago

That's crazy. 300 from 200 is a £10 price hike for me. Good negotiating

What I did with the £4 price hike is to get them to add a loyalty amount to the account that nulled the increase for the remainder of the contract.
Edited by: "rev6" 15th Sep 2017
Has anyone had any luck getting a good deal off Virgin by giving 30 days notice on just broadband? I feel my parents only got a good deal because sky requested the number which obviously won't happen with just broadband.
puddles99994 h, 17 m ago

£25 for 300mb broadband plus the top end TV package and all channels bar Sky Sports?
No line rental?
Destard2 m ago

£25 for 300mb broadband plus the top end TV package and all channels bar …£25 for 300mb broadband plus the top end TV package and all channels bar Sky Sports?No line rental?

Yes it includes that as well with sky cinema or what ever it is called
puddles999946 m ago

Yes it includes that as well with sky cinema or what ever it is called …Yes it includes that as well with sky cinema or what ever it is called

So £25 for everything; 300mb broadband, line rental, all TV channels bar Sky Sports.
I think you might be pulling my leg.
Destard8 m ago

So £25 for everything; 300mb broadband, line rental, all TV channels bar …So £25 for everything; 300mb broadband, line rental, all TV channels bar Sky Sports.I think you might be pulling my leg.

No this is hotukdeals I spent 10 hours on the phone with them and this came up!
puddles999921 h, 10 m ago

No this is hotukdeals I spent 10 hours on the phone with them and this …No this is hotukdeals I spent 10 hours on the phone with them and this came up!

Seems unreal to be honest. Im paying just over £25 and that only comes with 40mb broadband and free calls from a landline. 18 month contract. 6 months into it. This deal was settled after i kept asking if they can do better. Was the cheapest at the time compared to other providers.

I just checked Virgins 300mbps broadband and it's £48 on its own.
Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 16th Sep 2017
From what I've seen and heard recently the best deals go to those who have genuine grievances other than a price increase letter - i.e. poor customer service relations, but have to be prepared to get snappy to get a good deal. Although all of these deals seem to be for TV, phone and broadband.

I'm on £36 p/m for 200mb internet only, so not expecting anything.
PraxxtorCruel1 h, 12 m ago

Seems unreal to be honest. Im paying just over £25 and that only comes …Seems unreal to be honest. Im paying just over £25 and that only comes with 40mb broadband and free calls from a landline. 18 month contract. 6 months into it. This deal was settled after i kept asking if they can do better. Was the cheapest at the time compared to other providers.I just checked Virgins 300mbps broadband and it's £48 on its own.

I honestly cannot believe the guy is being completely honest or accurate.
Wow, if what people are saying is true, I need to get onto Virgin asap! We pay £55 per month, about to increase to £59 and all we get is the most basic telephone (cos we have to!), 70mb BB and Mix TV! We're clearly being ripped off if what you guys are quoting is true!!!!!!!
cancelled a couple of days ago, got put through to retentions and got the worst guy I have ever spoke to, his attitude for someone leaving was shocking. Basically they offered nothing, reduction in speed as they cant offer what we are currently on any more, and increase in price by £15 from what I was paying before one of our two loyalty discounts expired a couple of months ago. Fingers crossed for a new retention call but not holding much hope.
eslick7 h, 54 m ago

cancelled a couple of days ago, got put through to retentions and got the …cancelled a couple of days ago, got put through to retentions and got the worst guy I have ever spoke to, his attitude for someone leaving was shocking. Basically they offered nothing, reduction in speed as they cant offer what we are currently on any more, and increase in price by £15 from what I was paying before one of our two loyalty discounts expired a couple of months ago. Fingers crossed for a new retention call but not holding much hope.

Replying to myself but anyway got the retention call, was on 150Mb BB only they could do either a downgrade to 100 for £25 or upgrade to 200 for £28 went for the 200, if we hadn’t cancelled we would have gone up to just short of £40 from £27 so happy overall. I did mention the £25 Vodafone deal but we woulld have had to pay to install a line and the best speed they could get us was 50Mb.
eslick3 h, 32 m ago

Replying to myself but anyway got the retention call, was on 150Mb BB only …Replying to myself but anyway got the retention call, was on 150Mb BB only they could do either a downgrade to 100 for £25 or upgrade to 200 for £28 went for the 200, if we hadn’t cancelled we would have gone up to just short of £40 from £27 so happy overall. I did mention the £25 Vodafone deal but we woulld have had to pay to install a line and the best speed they could get us was 50Mb.

What is the vodafone £25 deal?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants