Virgin Media Price increase, cancel contract early?

Well, i've just received a letter from Gar? Branson telling me that he's putting up my bb, tv and phone package by a few quid, for me, £2.50 a month.

Now, according to their terms and conditions, if they increase the prices, then you can terminate the rest of your contract.

I'm no legal eagle, and going on the 0845 fiasco with mobile phone companies last year it sounds possible

The t&c's are at allyours.virginmedia.com/htm…tml

and the part I think is relevant is section J, paragraph 5.

Possible, but someone out there will know better than me.

14 Comments

belongs in misc, reported for move

i've tried to use this very reason to cancel a contract with virgin with no success.

I really, really , really HATE virgin.

:x how much more money can they squeeze out of us:viking:

we've had it waived on ours.. although we're not in contract anymore.

matt1067;7807363

:x how much more money can they squeeze out of us:viking:

+1 :thumbsup:

you can cancel contract early if charges go up. i did it with virgin last year. i said i wanted to disconnect for this reason and the lady said i have to charge you. i said its in their terms that any utility putting prices up has to let you out of any formal contract. she said not that she knows anything about it, so whilst i was on the phone , i pulled up the contract online and quoted the reference and then she said since you quoted it she can now do it!

tdogg;7807540

you can cancel contract early if charges go up. i did it with virgin last … you can cancel contract early if charges go up. i did it with virgin last year. i said i wanted to disconnect for this reason and the lady said i have to charge you. i said its in their terms that any utility putting prices up has to let you out of any formal contract. she said not that she knows anything about it, so whilst i was on the phone , i pulled up the contract online and quoted the reference and then she said since you quoted it she can now do it!

don't suppose you still have details, because i really hate them but can't get away from them without paying through the nose.

SuperEd

wonder-baby;7807650

don't suppose you still have details, because i really hate them but … don't suppose you still have details, because i really hate them but can't get away from them without paying through the nose.

same they want £165 from me to get rid of them

I'd leave them too but I dont fancy dropping from 50meg broadband to about 2meg.

SuperEd

deek72;7807734

I'd leave them too but I dont fancy dropping from 50meg broadband to … I'd leave them too but I dont fancy dropping from 50meg broadband to about 2meg.

i cant wait to leave them ,they are coming out again friday because of a shoddy picture and box turning itself on and off - wish i never left sky :oops:

i wonder if this is how u become a billionaire?

(make a service that costs 2p a year and sell for £20 a month)

tdogg;7807540

you can cancel contract early if charges go up. i did it with virgin last … you can cancel contract early if charges go up. i did it with virgin last year. i said i wanted to disconnect for this reason and the lady said i have to charge you. i said its in their terms that any utility putting prices up has to let you out of any formal contract. she said not that she knows anything about it, so whilst i was on the phone , i pulled up the contract online and quoted the reference and then she said since you quoted it she can now do it!

Can you give us this great info?

wonder-baby;7807650

don't suppose you still have details, because i really hate them but … don't suppose you still have details, because i really hate them but can't get away from them without paying through the nose.

Chuckles1001;7808404

Can you give us this great info?

as op says section j para 5 allyours.virginmedia.com/htm…tml

dont rep me, rep the op, all I have done is highlight what he has already said.

If:[LIST=a][*] [COLOR=Blue]Virgin Media Ltd, Virgin Media Entertainment … If:[LIST=a][*] [COLOR=Blue]Virgin Media Ltd, Virgin Media Entertainment and/or Virgin Media Payments increase their respective charges under these agreements ; [/COLOR][*] Virgin Media Ltd and/or Virgin Media Entertainment make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced; or[*] Virgin Media Ltd, Virgin Media Entertainment and/or Virgin Media Payments make significant changes to the terms and conditions of these agreements (including the other legal stuff ),[/LIST][COLOR=Blue]you may cancel those services affected without penalty[/COLOR] by giving Virgin Media Ltd and/or Virgin Media Entertainment (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice in writing. If you cancel any services in these circumstances, the increased charges will not apply to those services during the 30-day notice period and paragraph J3 will not apply if you cancel before the end of the minimum period .

harlzter;7808831

as op says section j para 5 … as op says section j para 5 http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/terms.htmldont rep me, rep the op, all I have done is highlight what he has already said.

If thats all, thats cool, was not sure if thats what he meant, cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
    2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions