Virgin Media - Reducing bills

Found 2nd Jun 2011
I'm a VirginMedia Customer. Currently they supply my Broadband (their Medium package), home phone and TV. I've noticed I'm being charged £1.50 a month for a postal/paper bill which I intend to cancel.

The only thing I want to keep is the broadband. Has anyone here managed to cut back the services without losing the broadband? i.e. ditched the phone and TV stuff? Or is it only the bundles they offer on their site?

If not is there anything else you can do to reduce the bill? Phoning them up and pretending to want to leave etc?

If anyone has any managed to do any of the above I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
14 Comments
You can keep just the broadband but don't know if they will give you a discount on just the broadband.
I have broadband only.

A call to Virgin would have answered your question.
Original Poster
thesaint

I have broadband only.A call to Virgin would have answered your question.

It would, however I'm stuck on a teleconference at the moment, so thought I'd ask here.
i tried lowering mine i phoned them up and they said they couldnt make it any cheaper i currently get broadband xl only freevirew tvchannels and unlimited evening and weekend calls for nearly £30

Hi TheSaint,

Wondering if get BB only, would I be able to get the £20 for HD box for freeview also?
If so will probally still with virgin (at work too)

G

thesaint

I got:

BB.....Medium, Freeview + HD (new box + installation) and Weekend telephone for £17.50p/m
Banned
skylinedude

I got:BB.....Medium, Freeview + HD (new box + installation) and Weekend … I got:BB.....Medium, Freeview + HD (new box + installation) and Weekend telephone for £17.50p/m

new member on a half price deal or didnt include line rental?
no, have been with them for 4 years now, it includes everything...I just threatened to cancel and 3 days before cancellation I get a call from Retentions and thats the deal I managed to wrangle out of them...Would have been £13 or £15 if I had allowed them to put my phone on a 18 month contract but I wanted all 3 to finish at the same time.
Original Poster
thesaint

Seems like skylinedude has a good thing going, I doubt a call to virgin would have disclosed such info.
Banned
skylinedude

no, have been with them for 4 years now, it includes everything...I just … no, have been with them for 4 years now, it includes everything...I just threatened to cancel and 3 days before cancellation I get a call from Retentions and thats the deal I managed to wrangle out of them...Would have been £13 or £15 if I had allowed them to put my phone on a 18 month contract but I wanted all 3 to finish at the same time.

good deal then, thought I was doing ok with £18.99 pcm for M BB and talk weekend phone and line rental.
Banned
ebill will save you £1.50
Edited by: "Adnan786" 2nd Jun 2011
i tried to reduce my bill by cutting tv down from xl and they started charging £5 a month for my hd+ box
but as i can only get 3mb through my phone line they have me by the danglys!
think il call virgin and threaten to cancel, been with em 6yrs and they charge us a small fortune
Original Poster
Got rid of my phone, tv package and switched to ebilling, saved ~£21.50 a month.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants