Virgin Media Renewal

Found 3rd Mar 2016
My Virgin Media contract is coming to an end in May and I am looking to negotiate a new deal which is for just broadband and phone (currently have the 'M' TV package.) How much should I be looking to pay when I phone up to renew? I'm on the 'M' phone package and broadband speeds up to 70Mbps unlimited - currently pay £20.49 a month excluding line rental.

Thanks for any help!
Community Updates
18 Comments
I've got 100mb, phone, M tv and a tivo box it's around £45 a month but it's up for renewal now
Original Poster
janenmark

I've got 100mb, phone, M tv and a tivo box it's around £45 a month but … I've got 100mb, phone, M tv and a tivo box it's around £45 a month but it's up for renewal now

Is that including line rental? Seems quite pricey considering I have a similar package for less than half the price
I'm on broadband only with the same speed as you for £18.25/month. A friend has just taken a deal for phone and broadband for £23/month.
everyone will be different

I have 150mb internet
TV - M
2 tivo boxes
1 phone line (blegh)

Pay £42
Edited by: "benjammin316" 3rd Mar 2016
benjammin316

everyone will be differentI have 150mb internetTV - M2 tivo boxes1 phone … everyone will be differentI have 150mb internetTV - M2 tivo boxes1 phone line (blegh)Pay £42

Is that after paying 12 month line rental?
I get a decent deal every year and it works out cheaper to have the TV.
I was paying £15 a month all in (inc phone line) last year but this year they could not match it.
I pay £25.99 all in for Phone. Broadband (50mb) and TV (M I think)
When you call them up make sure you cancel as they will not offer you a decent deal until you have handed in your 1 months’ notice and someone from the retentions team will give you a call.

I also do this every year with sky when I ring up and cancel I ask them to put on a note on my account saying if they are not going to offer minimum of 50% off then don’t bother calling me works every year.

Edited by: "Jason89" 3rd Mar 2016
Original Poster
Jason89

I get a decent deal every year and it works out cheaper to have the TV. I … I get a decent deal every year and it works out cheaper to have the TV. I was paying £15 a month all in (inc phone line) last year but this year they could not match it. I pay £25.99 all in for Phone. Broadband (50mb) and TV (M I think) When you call them up make sure you cancel as they will not offer you a decent deal until you have handed in your 1 months’ notice and someone from the retentions team will give you a call.I also do this every year with sky when I ring up and cancel I ask them to put on a note on my account saying if they are not going to offer minimum of 50% off then don’t bother calling me works every year.

Why do you have both Sky and Virgin? I have heard before that if you cancel then you'll be offered a better deal, might try that, thanks.
rev6

Is that after paying 12 month line rental?

No, that's included
benjammin316

No, that's included

That's a very good deal then
rev6

That's a very good deal then

Yeah! we just moved house too, been with VM for about 5-6 years and have a monthly discount of £12 applied throughout the contract, which has been locked into another 12months now with the new installation.

I have pretty much the lowest phone / bb / tv package and have been with them for longer than I care to remember. I usually ask for a deal on renewal, and they usually apply a loyalty discount. Last time I got £5 per month off, Just done again and got £6 per month off and a free upgrade to a tivo box, locked in for 2 years. I pay for line rental up front and I think its around £12 per month for everything else.

Edited by: "markystarky" 3rd Mar 2016
Jez777

Why do you have both Sky and Virgin? I have heard before that if you … Why do you have both Sky and Virgin? I have heard before that if you cancel then you'll be offered a better deal, might try that, thanks.

I have Sky TV and Virgin BB..
I also look after the parents Virgin account. (thats the one I get the package deals for)
Edited by: "Jason89" 3rd Mar 2016
I renegotiated back in January, I was aware it wasn't the best deal but I was already paying the odds for an outdated XL Phone package I didn't really need.

So,

TV M - with Tivo
Broadband - 50
Phone - M - weekends calls only

£33.99 first 6 months, £36.99 after that, including line rental, so.. £16 then £19 without line rental, and 12 months contract. Somehow there's also £5 loyalty discount in that.

You don't get the best deals without cancelling and waiting for them to call back, they seem to have "standard offers" when you phone up.

Edited by: "Gynx" 3rd Mar 2016
I'd be surprised if you get a better deal than you currently have. I pay about £30 for 100mb bb + phone. Quite often they will give you a better deal to have tv included. Weird.
I've got this and I don't need a lot of it. Any advice.. Haven't a clue about this stuff and my bill just keeps going up. My landline is £17.99 and the cost of calls for this period was only .37p. I need the broadband. Most of the rest I don't even know what I'm paying for. Very longtime customer as well.

These charges are for the period: 4 March - 3 April
Your package
Essential Collection
Talk Unlimited Free Voicemail TV Size: XL TiVo Monthly Fee VIVID 150 Optical Fibre
Essential Collection total
£73.63
Phone line rental
Line Rental
Phone line rental total
£17.99
Your package total
£91.62

We were paying £43 for 100mb broadband, basic landline and basic M TV package. Then got the letter saying was going up to £49 in Feb so rang them and tried to negotiate, didnt get anywhere so cancelled.Think best deal was £35 without TV.
Few days later they told me they could do 50MB broadband and phone for £22 or 100MB BB and phone for £25 a month. Do wonder if could have got an even better if held out longer but, I'm ok with £25 compared to almost £50 when we do only use the internet - apparently we'd used 320GB in the past month prior to me ringing them so the idea of us using mobile broadband instead was I think laughable to them.

Just had a look at the new contract they sent out to confirm if it was £23 or £25 and got a bit worried as isnt clear it's that much due to how they've done it. But basically my contract says it's £32.99 a month during the promotional period and £41.99 after. Above that it says theres a loyalty discount of £9 for 18 months. Underneath though it has a note to say it doesnt include a credit of £8 per month for 12 months, which brings it down to the £24.99.
Also, as ridiculous at it sounds if you have not got your speed upgrade yet - do not re-enter a contract, you won't get the free speed upgrade, and if you entered a new contract from last November onwards you also won't get your speed upgrade.

Edited by: "Gynx" 3rd Mar 2016
I have 80mb
M tv
1 tivo box
1 phone line rental

Pay £34

Edited by: "chocci" 4th Mar 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions