Virgin Media Retention

Found 6th Sep 2017
I've recently received a letter from Virgin advising the price will be going up. I called the retentions team and was offered 300MB broadband, basic TV package, evening and weekend calls and new New Hub3.0 for £50p/m on 12 month contract. Is this a good deal?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
Line rental included?
Original Poster
Oh forgot. Yes line rental included
Seems ok, absolutely no need for 300mb broadband but I guess people still like to brag about internet speeds!
I'm paying £65 a month for XL tv, 2 tivo boxes, 200mb broadband, evening and weekend calls, and line rental just for comparison
We’ve got the full house package with line rental included, 200MB broadband, weekend calls and two TiVo boxes for £37 a month.
Is that with a TiVo box or a new v6 box?
Original Poster
jonmmill2 h, 5 m ago

Is that with a TiVo box or a new v6 box?

That is with TIVO box
kevinball148 h, 13 m ago

We’ve got the full house package with line rental included, 200MB b …We’ve got the full house package with line rental included, 200MB broadband, weekend calls and two TiVo boxes for £37 a month.

Lucky... I believe I was offered £42 for 100 Mbps with a Superhub 3 (even tho we have it) and weekend calls... with a £50 voucher lol
kevinball148 h, 27 m ago

We’ve got the full house package with line rental included, 200MB b …We’ve got the full house package with line rental included, 200MB broadband, weekend calls and two TiVo boxes for £37 a month.

You jammy sod! I didn't do as well as that for 100M and one box
im paying £66 for gamer 200MB and weekend phone
I think the pricing could be down to where you live and what alternative broadband options you have. I suggest anyone who is able to get the best BT broadband is likely to be offered better prices than someone who could get just the very basic.

On the BT website it suggests I could get a speed of just 4Mb-8Mb - I'm sure Virgin use such data in identifying when they are at risk of losing business!
Van197314 h, 49 m ago

I think the pricing could be down to where you live and what alternative …I think the pricing could be down to where you live and what alternative broadband options you have. I suggest anyone who is able to get the best BT broadband is likely to be offered better prices than someone who could get just the very basic.On the BT website it suggests I could get a speed of just 4Mb-8Mb - I'm sure Virgin use such data in identifying when they are at risk of losing business!

I think it depends on who answers your call.
There is inconsistency between individual agents.
When the retentions team rang I just said it wasn’t good enough and they rang back the next day with that offer. I soon grabbed it. I wasn’t rude on the phone so I don’t know if that made a difference.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants