Virgin media retention deal

Posted 6th Oct
Yo

currently a VM customer and bundle is full house and 200MB broadband and weekend calls costing me £35 month for last 12 months

contract ends in 20 days and best they said could offer me was £50 month to keep everything same bar my broadband which will drop to the 100MB

should I accept this offer or should I still leave. you can get the offer above as a new customer for £57 month at the minute on the VM website

I know I won't get the crazy deal I had for last 12 months but surely they can better the current offer to keep me as a customer or do you disagree?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
The drop to vm100 isn't a big deal. It's more than enough for most homes. Did you call them to negotiate or did they call you
adamderak06/10/2019 10:40

The drop to vm100 isn't a big deal. It's more than enough for most homes. …The drop to vm100 isn't a big deal. It's more than enough for most homes. Did you call them to negotiate or did they call you

I called them to say I don't want to renew and then they offered that deal. I wasn't happy about it at first but I thought the same as you with it dropping to the 100MB and decided to accept the offer but I can always change my mind

Be interesting to see what others are paying on the same package
efc_4ever06/10/2019 10:44

I called them to say I don't want to renew and then they offered that …I called them to say I don't want to renew and then they offered that deal. I wasn't happy about it at first but I thought the same as you with it dropping to the 100MB and decided to accept the offer but I can always change my mindBe interesting to see what others are paying on the same package

Okies that's what I thought. You haven't gone down the road of disconnection.
Ring them & say you want to leave
You will be given a termination date.
In most cases they will call you back & than suddenly they will find deals that they could not offer before.
adamderak06/10/2019 10:52

Okies that's what I thought. You haven't gone down the road of …Okies that's what I thought. You haven't gone down the road of disconnection.Ring them & say you want to leave You will be given a termination date.In most cases they will call you back & than suddenly they will find deals that they could not offer before.

Iv refused my return call offer. 200mb for £29. That was about 10 days ago. Hoping they’ll call back otherwise I have to call them and accept. If that offer will even still be available
adamderak06/10/2019 10:52

Okies that's what I thought. You haven't gone down the road of …Okies that's what I thought. You haven't gone down the road of disconnection.Ring them & say you want to leave You will be given a termination date.In most cases they will call you back & than suddenly they will find deals that they could not offer before.

They don't always call now. Didn't call me and I'd been with them 18 years. I just rejoined under my wife's name as a new customer, also got paid £220 last week from Quidco.
redcantona06/10/2019 11:52

They don't always call now. Didn't call me and I'd been with them 18 …They don't always call now. Didn't call me and I'd been with them 18 years. I just rejoined under my wife's name as a new customer, also got paid £220 last week from Quidco.

Ye this is what I'm thinking of doing. Seems to me like they only offering me a £7 saving compared to a new customer deal. Plus new customer can get tablets or whatever and cashback
marshy5106/10/2019 11:46

Iv refused my return call offer. 200mb for £29. That was about 10 days …Iv refused my return call offer. 200mb for £29. That was about 10 days ago. Hoping they’ll call back otherwise I have to call them and accept. If that offer will even still be available

I got 100mb, no TV no phone. £21 a month.
Might be wrong think there is no real every day usage with 100mb or 200mb.
redcantona06/10/2019 11:52

They don't always call now. Didn't call me and I'd been with them 18 …They don't always call now. Didn't call me and I'd been with them 18 years. I just rejoined under my wife's name as a new customer, also got paid £220 last week from Quidco.

How do you keep your landline number doing this?
sn279506/10/2019 18:18

How do you keep your landline number doing this?

You don't. We don't use ours anyway so not a problem for us.
redcantona06/10/2019 19:19

You don't. We don't use ours anyway so not a problem for us.

Only issue with what cantona did is you will need a credit check again or your partner would. So for this reason im going to have to accept the £50 a month deal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants