Virgin Media Retention Deals

Found 26th Jul
So what retention deals have you been given?

My contract has just come up for renewal so the price is shooting up.

went through to retentions and was offered:

100Meg + Mix TV + evening weekend Phone for £40 instead of £50.

I intend to put my notice in and wait for the outbound call but first want to know what deals others have recently got so I know what to aim for.
Community Updates
AskVirgin
55 Comments
Got 200mb mix tv and weekend free calls for £35.99 about 2 weeks ago.. rang to cancel. Retentions rang 2 days later and told them it was too expensive and negotiated this price which was double my internet speed from previously and same price as last time I got a deal. Could of held out for less but happy with this.
vcd1man3 m ago

Got 200mb mix tv and weekend free calls for £35.99 about 2 weeks ago.. …Got 200mb mix tv and weekend free calls for £35.99 about 2 weeks ago.. rang to cancel. Retentions rang 2 days later and told them it was too expensive and negotiated this price which was double my internet speed from previously and same price as last time I got a deal. Could of held out for less but happy with this.

Brilliant thank you.
i never had good deal. now running 100mb basic tv weekend call for £34. only reason staying with them just because of great service. last 4 yrs i'd internet down just for couple of hours.
crazydealhunter26th Jul

i never had good deal. now running 100mb basic tv weekend call for £34. …i never had good deal. now running 100mb basic tv weekend call for £34. only reason staying with them just because of great service. last 4 yrs i'd internet down just for couple of hours.

Get on it. I've had them for 3 years and always negotiate a deal every time my offer runs out
About £30 is the target price for 100MB with basic TV/phone - some on here suggest they have paid less!

Even if you say you now want Broadband only they will leave you with the Tivo Box (basic service) and phone line just in case you incur additional charges!
£24 for 200mb & weekend calls.
I just phoned now and put my notice in, they were offering £34 for 100mb basic TV and calls, I'm paying £29 currently. How long do they take until they phone you?
lloyd29911 h, 49 m ago

I just phoned now and put my notice in, they were offering £34 for 100mb …I just phoned now and put my notice in, they were offering £34 for 100mb basic TV and calls, I'm paying £29 currently. How long do they take until they phone you?

Mostly 2-3 days, some on here have reported never getting a call. I was called on my (non Virgin) mobile on the Tuesday after putting my notice in on the Friday.
Van19731 h, 24 m ago

Mostly 2-3 days, some on here have reported never getting a call. I was …Mostly 2-3 days, some on here have reported never getting a call. I was called on my (non Virgin) mobile on the Tuesday after putting my notice in on the Friday.

lloyd29913 h, 14 m ago

I just phoned now and put my notice in, they were offering £34 for 100mb …I just phoned now and put my notice in, they were offering £34 for 100mb basic TV and calls, I'm paying £29 currently. How long do they take until they phone you?

You’ll probably miss the call unless your home
24/7
i missed the call but after checking who had rang that day i rang them back myself and got an automated response. within 5 mins the retention team rang me back so presume ringbacks are monitored.
Disconnection in after a long difficult phone call. Let's see what I get offered
Phone to hand in my notice, women didn't even care.

Let's see what they offer!
Got offered 200mb,full house TV, unlimited calls, 2 x v6 boxes & line rental - £41pcm

12 month contract so paid line rental upfront so worked out at £38pcm (dd is £19pcm)
Edited by: "chocci" 4th Aug
Nice did you just get this and was that an outbound retentions deal. I've not yet an outbound call and usually would have by now
trafford26 m ago

Nice did you just get this and was that an outbound retentions deal. I've …Nice did you just get this and was that an outbound retentions deal. I've not yet an outbound call and usually would have by now

No, was offered it at the time of cancelling.
£34 a month
350 mb BB
talk evening and weekends
v6 player tv
£20 credit
Edited by: "the.porter" 4th Aug
the.porter30 m ago

£34 a month 350 mb BBtalk evening and weekends v6 player tv £20 credit

Nice. Was this a outbound call or at time of cancellation?
trafford24th Aug

Nice. Was this a outbound call or at time of cancellation?

did you get a call back?

I'm still waiting.
strike45 m ago

did you get a call back?I'm still waiting.

Nope still waiting also
strike1 h, 5 m ago

did you get a call back?I'm still waiting.

trafford220 m ago

Nope still waiting also

you might need to call them and make sure they have your account set up to allow them to call you, sometimes its automatic to not have it allowed and if your settings are that it will mean no calls.
eslick59 s ago

you might need to call them and make sure they have your account set up to …you might need to call them and make sure they have your account set up to allow them to call you, sometimes its automatic to not have it allowed and if your settings are that it will mean no calls.

Will give it a go, although I've always had the calls the previous years
trafford21 m ago

Will give it a go, although I've always had the calls the previous years

could be the recent changes, might need to confirm again
eslick3 m ago

could be the recent changes, might need to confirm again

Just looked at my preferences saved on the website and it seems it was set to no marketing from phone SMS etc. I've changed that to I do want marketing. See if that triggers anything.

May need to cancel my cancellation request and put it back in
Interesting thread. I cancelled my full house/150mb on Sunday (£61pm) swapped to sky entertainment with sports unlimited bb for £55.
Just missed a call from Virgin retention’s. Are they likely to call back does anyone know? Or indeed do you think they will beat sky’s price? It might be naive......
Bloody GDPR, though I presume they went with the Post opt out and phone opt out. I for sure never received any GDPR comms from them.

Mine was unticked for the below so I should be reachable. Wonder if there is anything else.

We don't want you to miss out on the full Virgin Media experience. We'd like to stay in touch about all the Virgin Media great stuff we have for you. You have currently said YES to marketing by email, post, SMS and phone from Virgin Media.

Also, if you have a mobile contract from Virgin Mobile and want to change these marketing contact preferences too, just log into your Virgin Mobile account and go to the My Preferences page.
daveydave4 m ago

Interesting thread. I cancelled my full house/150mb on Sunday (£61pm) …Interesting thread. I cancelled my full house/150mb on Sunday (£61pm) swapped to sky entertainment with sports unlimited bb for £55. Just missed a call from Virgin retention’s. Are they likely to call back does anyone know? Or indeed do you think they will beat sky’s price? It might be naive......

It's likely they will call back (albeit i haven't had a call at all yet) and it's likely they will do better than £55 yes.
daveydave21 m ago

Interesting thread. I cancelled my full house/150mb on Sunday (£61pm) …Interesting thread. I cancelled my full house/150mb on Sunday (£61pm) swapped to sky entertainment with sports unlimited bb for £55. Just missed a call from Virgin retention’s. Are they likely to call back does anyone know? Or indeed do you think they will beat sky’s price? It might be naive......

What was the number they called from on?
trafford225 m ago

It's likely they will call back (albeit i haven't had a call at all yet) …It's likely they will call back (albeit i haven't had a call at all yet) and it's likely they will do better than £55 yes.

Thank you for that, I’ll see what they can do when they call back!
strike10 m ago

What was the number they called from on?

Really sorry I deleted it now (I’m a bit ocd of having that little red 1 next to the iPhone app sorry) it was definitely a 0800 number ending in 01.
daveydave8 h, 3 m ago

Really sorry I deleted it now (I’m a bit ocd of having that little red 1 n …Really sorry I deleted it now (I’m a bit ocd of having that little red 1 next to the iPhone app sorry) it was definitely a 0800 number ending in 01.

‭+44 800 183 6401‬

They rang me back and I kept the number.
daveydave8 m ago

‭+44 800 183 6401‬They rang me back and I kept the number.

Did you get a good deal?

Out of interest they call your landline or mobile?
trafford25 m ago

Did you get a good deal? Out of interest they call your landline or …Did you get a good deal? Out of interest they call your landline or mobile?

They called my mobile which I remember them asking me to confirm when we went through the disconnection.

Ultimately the chap couldn’t match what I’ve been offered by sky. He was a little bit amazed to be honest.
daveydave6 m ago

They called my mobile which I remember them asking me to confirm when we …They called my mobile which I remember them asking me to confirm when we went through the disconnection.Ultimately the chap couldn’t match what I’ve been offered by sky. He was a little bit amazed to be honest.

Fair enough. I am tempted just to take out sky waiting for this outbound call back. Better TV but I do love the speeds of virgin media

Would be a better deal for me if I liked sports. Sadly don't have any interest in sports so there current deal doesn't do it for me really

Did you go through topcashback as they have up to £120 cashback from sky packages
Edited by: "trafford2" 7th Aug
trafford26 m ago

Fair enough. I am tempted just to take out sky waiting for this outbound …Fair enough. I am tempted just to take out sky waiting for this outbound call back. Better TV but I do love the speeds of virgin mediaWould be a better deal for me if I liked sports. Sadly don't have any interest in sports so there current deal doesn't do it for me reallyDid you go through topcashback as they have up to £120 cashback from sky packages

Yes I’ve been having words in my household around the broadband speeds available at sky, but as I pay the bill then you know!

No I couldn’t use top cash back as I had to use my employee discount scheme to get the price I got.

But thank you for pointing that out anyway.
Fingers crossed - they call me back

Out of interest, what's the sky offer?
Rang me back, from a landline 0203 706 2803
So I called Virgin today and asked about getting a call back from retentions. Was told that why couldn't request one and theres no guarantee that I will get one.

I have found a deal with Sky for £45 a months £30 setup fees for Sky Fibre Max, Entertainment, HD Pack and Pay as you go Talk - If I don't get a call soon I'm going to order it.
trafford223 h, 13 m ago

So I called Virgin today and asked about getting a call back from …So I called Virgin today and asked about getting a call back from retentions. Was told that why couldn't request one and theres no guarantee that I will get one. I have found a deal with Sky for £45 a months £30 setup fees for Sky Fibre Max, Entertainment, HD Pack and Pay as you go Talk - If I don't get a call soon I'm going to order it.

This is a great thread for information.

I went to cancel my contract yesterday and ask for a callback from the outbound team, she told me you can request a callback without cancelling your contract.
This is good for the cancellation person you're talking to because you then don't count as a cancellation against them, she freely admitted they will offer you a much better deal than she could.

There are two outbound call requests, a standard one that takes up 7 days for them to contact you, and an Urgent one where they guarantee to call you back within 48 hours which she did for me.

I've just done the tip to change marketing preferences as it was set for them not to contact me, however i fear they may have already tried to call!
Will update if i get a callback and if I get offered anything decent.
Otherwise i will try calling one of the 2 numbers i now have for the outbound team.
drtesseract3 m ago

This is a great thread for information.I went to cancel my contract …This is a great thread for information.I went to cancel my contract yesterday and ask for a callback from the outbound team, she told me you can request a callback without cancelling your contract. This is good for the cancellation person you're talking to because you then don't count as a cancellation against them, she freely admitted they will offer you a much better deal than she could.There are two outbound call requests, a standard one that takes up 7 days for them to contact you, and an Urgent one where they guarantee to call you back within 48 hours which she did for me.I've just done the tip to change marketing preferences as it was set for them not to contact me, however i fear they may have already tried to call!Will update if i get a callback and if I get offered anything decent.Otherwise i will try calling one of the 2 numbers i now have for the outbound team.

Great stuff keep us posted with the offer you get. Send virgin are very inconsistent with offering these call backs as I've not had a call over a week after putting my notice in. Called to ask for one and was told they can't be requested
strike8th Aug

Fingers crossed - they call me backOut of interest, what's the sky offer?

£55 sky entertainment and sky sports with fibre unlimited.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants