EXPIRED

Virgin media retention deals

Hi there,
My current virgin deal is up for renewal in February and Im looking to get the best deal possible when I renew.
Now I know virgin can be very sketchy when it comes to pricing , and it seems everybody pays a different amount.
Im not really interested in Changing to a different provider but i do really want the 50meg BB.
Currently I have:-
XL Tv , V+ & Sky movies
BB L 10meg
Talk anywhere 400
and i pay around £65 - £70 a month.

My partner also has a Virgin mobile and my car insurance is with Virgin as well (dont know if this will help me get a better deal?)

So guys what deals have you managed to get and what tactics did you use

14 Comments

XL TV (not Sky movies or Sky sport)
10meg broadband
telephone line
V+ Box

£38.91 per month. Had this deal for over 12months. Due to try and get a better one as I could really do without the telephone as the line rental is £11. Would switch to VOIP and mobiles.

I have XL TV with V+, free evening & weekend Telephone and BB L 10mb. No movies and only ESPN sports

Including my line rental, I am £38 a month. Quite happy with this (until i hear someone with much better, that is)

I have been on this price plan for about two years after they mucked up my On demand service for 6mths. I only recently got them to give me free V+ by saying i was considering moving to Sky.

I had all the price comparison stuff at hand but really i was quite happy with Virgin (must be one of the few) and really only wanted free V+ installation.

W1zz;7362180

XL TV (not Sky movies or Sky sport)10meg broadbandtelephone lineV+ … XL TV (not Sky movies or Sky sport)10meg broadbandtelephone lineV+ Box£38.91 per month. Had this deal for over 12months. Due to try and get a better one as I could really do without the telephone as the line rental is £11. Would switch to VOIP and mobiles.

Is the £38.91 inclusive of the £11 line charge?

Banned

l tv
unlimited call phone package
10mb bb

free wifi modem
£9 per month

ROKO;7362334

l tvunlimited call phone package10mb bbfree wifi modem£9 per month

How, LOL?

Unless your only paying for phone and stealing the other 2?

Banned

yes i get a credit of £11pish for the line rental= £9 all inclusive per vmonth

i know a few friends who pay £5/ £7 per month
depends who u end up calling at retentions

ROKO;7362334

That makes mine look mince although the L TV is pants- don't know if XL is worth an additional £27 though.

Do you get your bill via email? A copy would be well handy come next time I go to renew. Obviously you might want to hide your personal details. Would be much appreciated.

ROKO;7362334

Bloody hell that is cheap, now how do i get that???

stevieglesga;7362234

Is the £38.91 inclusive of the £11 line charge?

Yes it is.

Just checked my bill and it's actually £38.50 for the charges (£39.50 less £1 for paper free billing), there were a couple of phone calls on the first price. As you can tell, I don't use the landline..

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7992/virgine.jpg

[QUOTE=W1zz;7363384]Yes it is.

Just checked my bill and it's actually £38.50 for the charges (£39.50 less £1 for paper free billing), there were a couple of phone calls on the first price. As you can tell, I don't use the landline..

That's the same as mine. Was told that Virgin don't go lower than this-but then they would say that.

Roko's sounds too good to be true, but lucky him/her if it is.

£38.91 per month. Had this deal for over 12months. Due to try and get a … £38.91 per month. Had this deal for over 12months. Due to try and get a better one

Broadband L is cheaper now - £20/month, I think, so you should be able to get your deal improved (if you haven't already).

£9/month would do nicely, though.

Banned

tv size XL
bb - L (10 mb)
phone XL
normal box

39.00 p/m

went to upgrade. they didnt budge.

said theyll giv me v+ and wireless modem for 35 pounds and remain on same contract.

said f-off

cancels in 14 days (16 already passed)

Im paying 26.26 pm for 10mb bb only

Ive been offered £13.45 for 6 mths and £20.45 for the other 6 mths with a landline added?

Worth it, the person is going to call be back by 7 so opinions please

I remember when I was with Virgin when 20mb was their top service. I rang up to "leave", and somehow we ended up paying £20 a month for everything.. phone/TV/20mb broadband. It only came to light a couple of years later that they'd canceled our broadband somehow, but we still managed to receive it, and their top package at that. What an awesome deal that was!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions