Virgin Media Retentions?

Posted 7th Aug 2019
Hi all.

I'm in the last 30 days of my contract, I currently pay £89/month which will go up to £129 if I dont do something about it.

I called Retentions and asked for their best deal on the £99/month 'Ultimate oomph' bundle. They said £99/month.

What's the best way to go about this? New customers can get £240 cashback on top along with a £180 RRP smart speaker atm with that...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Ring them say not good enough. Go through disconnection. They will give you a date for the service to be terminated. Sit back, bite finger nails.
In most instances Geoffrey or Esmeralda from Mumbai retention team will call you.
They will declare Thier undying love for you & offer you deals that were not offered before.
Can get a bit nervy as termination date closes in.
18 Comments
if they don't value your custom feel free to shop elsewhere, & feel free to email the CEO's office with that statement, only rewarding new customers whilst penalising the regular older subscription accounts is taking the michael
Ring them say not good enough. Go through disconnection. They will give you a date for the service to be terminated. Sit back, bite finger nails.
In most instances Geoffrey or Esmeralda from Mumbai retention team will call you.
They will declare Thier undying love for you & offer you deals that were not offered before.
Can get a bit nervy as termination date closes in.
Give them 30 days notice of leaving ... they'll definitely drop your price to keep you. Saying that, I'm leaving them after 20 years, as I'm sick of the constant in contract price rises.
adamderak07/08/2019 09:36

Ring them say not good enough. Go through disconnection. They will give …Ring them say not good enough. Go through disconnection. They will give you a date for the service to be terminated. Sit back, bite finger nails.In most instances Geoffrey or Esmeralda from Mumbai retention team will call you.They will declare Thier undying love for you & offer you deals that were not offered before.Can get a bit nervy as termination date closes in.

Thing is, I work somewhere I can't have my phone available monday-friday for most of the day..
CaptainZero07/08/2019 09:42

Thing is, I work somewhere I can't have my phone available monday-friday …Thing is, I work somewhere I can't have my phone available monday-friday for most of the day..

Ring VM & say you got a missed call from VM & you think it was retention team & hopefully they will transfer you.
CaptainZero07/08/2019 09:42

Thing is, I work somewhere I can't have my phone available monday-friday …Thing is, I work somewhere I can't have my phone available monday-friday for most of the day..

The outbound retention team get paid to retain customers, they will ring you until they speak to you... and probably ring you some more
ramper77707/08/2019 09:37

Give them 30 days notice of leaving ... they'll definitely drop your price …Give them 30 days notice of leaving ... they'll definitely drop your price to keep you. Saying that, I'm leaving them after 20 years, as I'm sick of the constant in contract price rises.

Can you change your mind at any point during the 30 days?
Yes you can ... up until the last moment. I'm due to be disconnected on August 25th ...They've rang me twice offering better deals and enquiring why I'm not happy.
The team that will call you after you place your cancellation request will ring from - 03450450592 hope this helps. I'm in a similar boat. Just undecided if I'm taking there offer
ilikedeals2107/08/2019 10:52

The team that will call you after you place your cancellation request will …The team that will call you after you place your cancellation request will ring from - 03450450592 hope this helps. I'm in a similar boat. Just undecided if I'm taking there offer

The last time I tried this I had about 5+ calls from their retentions team. Each time they let the phone ring no more than a couple times & I never managed to answer in time. I had no joy trying to get through to them on the number they called from or the Virgin call centre.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 7th Aug 2019
Random question but if someone in my house puts in a new order for broadband (for virgin media) will my contract automatically cancel and their deal be set up?

I know this works for BT lines so assuming it will for Virgin?
Edited by: "CaptainZero" 7th Aug 2019
deleted1471098
Ask them to exactly match the new customer deal. If they say no then cancel and sign up using your misses name on the new deal.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 7th Aug 2019
deleted147109807/08/2019 19:10

Ask them to exactly match the new customer deal. If they say no then …Ask them to exactly match the new customer deal. If they say no then cancel and sign up using your misses name on the new deal.

So if she puts a new deal through on the website in her name, my contract will automatically cancel right?
deleted1471098
No ring them and tell them you want to cancel. Then get her to sign up as a new customer online.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 7th Aug 2019
deleted147109807/08/2019 19:57

No ring them and tell them you want to cancel. Then get her to sign up as …No ring them and tell them you want to cancel. Then get her to sign up as a new customer online.

So after days of thinking, 2 days ago I decided to go for the £99 ultimate oomph bundle.

And today it's now £89/month

Just my chuffin luck
CaptainZero13/08/2019 14:15

So after days of thinking, 2 days ago I decided to go for the £99 ultimate …So after days of thinking, 2 days ago I decided to go for the £99 ultimate oomph bundle.And today it's now £89/monthJust my chuffin luck

I cancelled last night and they rung me today from retentions. I managed to get the Big Bundle + Sky Sports HD & BT Sports, 200MB Broadband and Weekend calls for £64.

It’s not the worlds greatest deal, but it’ll do me 🏻
Edited by: "crazytalk" 13th Aug 2019
crazytalk13/08/2019 18:21

I cancelled last night and they rung me today from retentions. I managed …I cancelled last night and they rung me today from retentions. I managed to get the Big Bundle + Sky Sports HD & BT Sports, 200MB Broadband and Weekend calls for £64.It’s not the worlds greatest deal, but it’ll do me 🏻

I think for 500Mb broadband, an unlimited sim and sky movies for £35/month more to yours isnt too bad. Would prefer the £89 one of course.
Edited by: "CaptainZero" 13th Aug 2019
CaptainZero13/08/2019 18:27

I think for 500Mb broadband, an unlimited sim and sky movies for £35/month …I think for 500Mb broadband, an unlimited sim and sky movies for £35/month more to yours isnt too bad. Would prefer the £89 one of course.

If you’ve just done it you still have 14 days to cancel. Give them a call and try to haggle with them about it being £89 online. Worst they can say is no they can’t discount anymore.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants