Virgin media Retentions

Posted 11th Nov
Wanting to get opinions to understand if I’m on a good deal or not as it’s time for renewal if anyone can help would be great.
My package
Mix Tv
Personal pick add on (£12)
Talk more Anytime calls
100mb fibre
Virgin Tv V6 box

Total monthly price £54
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
My package
Mix Tv
Talk more weekends
100mb fibre
Virgin Tv V6 box
line rental

£28 per month so take off your £12 for the personal add on from yours , then you are effectively paying £14 for talk anytime. Guess it depends if you use your phone a lot as a mobile can be 3p per minute PAYG or even £6 per month for unlimited calls
chocci11/11/2019 12:58

My packageMix TvTalk more weekends100mb fibreVirgin Tv V6 boxline …My packageMix TvTalk more weekends100mb fibreVirgin Tv V6 boxline rental£28 per month so take off your £12 for the personal add on from yours , then you are effectively paying £14 for talk anytime. Guess it depends if you use your phone a lot as a mobile can be 3p per minute PAYG or even £6 per month for unlimited calls

Thank you il look into it see what I can get it lowered to.
    • Full House TV (Xl)
    • Virgin TV V6 Box,
    • M100 Fibre Broadband
  • Telephone:
    • Talk More Evenings and Weekends
    • Line Rental
    • £73 a month
Twotellys12/11/2019 13:08

Full House TV (Xl)Virgin TV V6 Box, M100 Fibre BroadbandTelephone:Talk …Full House TV (Xl)Virgin TV V6 Box, M100 Fibre BroadbandTelephone:Talk More Evenings and WeekendsLine Rental£73 a month

Wow that's extortionate
Twotellys12/11/2019 13:08

Full House TV (Xl)Virgin TV V6 Box, M100 Fibre BroadbandTelephone:Talk …Full House TV (Xl)Virgin TV V6 Box, M100 Fibre BroadbandTelephone:Talk More Evenings and WeekendsLine Rental£73 a month

I’m kinda speechless I was thinking mine was bad
My package was:

Full House TV (XL)
VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Talk Weekends

For £40.00 a month (well, £47.50 with Additional TV Box).

Their 'retentions' were terrible, they called up offering a more expensive but still negotiable deal. Then retracted it, and would only offer full RRP (around £90) after that, saying they couldn't find any offers at all, so I left.
lyesbkz12/11/2019 23:34

My package was:Full House TV (XL)VIVID 200 Optical FibreTalk WeekendsFor …My package was:Full House TV (XL)VIVID 200 Optical FibreTalk WeekendsFor £40.00 a month (well, £47.50 with Additional TV Box).Their 'retentions' were terrible, they called up offering a more expensive but still negotiable deal. Then retracted it, and would only offer full RRP (around £90) after that, saying they couldn't find any offers at all, so I left.

I’ve spoken to retentions and the best they can offer is £50 so I’m still not sure what to do I think it can be lowered more
Sonic_Rahman12/11/2019 23:37

I’ve spoken to retentions and the best they can offer is £50 so I’m still n …I’ve spoken to retentions and the best they can offer is £50 so I’m still not sure what to do I think it can be lowered more

If you put in the cancellation they will possibly call you after a few days to offer something.

But if you don't accept it when they call, it goes away. Plus the £50 offer might go away too - they're not very good at retentions!
lyesbkz12/11/2019 23:41

If you put in the cancellation they will possibly call you after a few …If you put in the cancellation they will possibly call you after a few days to offer something. But if you don't accept it when they call, it goes away. Plus the £50 offer might go away too - they're not very good at retentions!

So called them back today about the £50 deal and they changed it to £50 for the first 6 months then £55 so I have put the cancellation order in let’s see what happens as I’m looking around for a new provider hoping to pick something up around Black Friday if I have to will just go to virgin as new customer under wife’s name seem new customers are better looked after
I've scaled back my Virgin package to just the 100Mbps broadband - £24/month. I got rid of the TV and landline earlier this year and have not missed either. i bought a secondhand BT Youview box for £40 from ebay which does Freeview and all the catch up players without the need for any subscription as well as recording/rewinding/pausing live TV. We hardly used the landline and just had to train a few elderly relatives to ring us on our mobiles (using their mobiles).

I'm on this deal till September next year and then thinking about getting a 3 mobile deal - currently just £17/month - my son has just got one and although he only currently gets about 30Mbps avergae this does everything he needs - Netflix etc.
Sonic_Rahman13/11/2019 16:27

So called them back today about the £50 deal and they changed it to £50 f …So called them back today about the £50 deal and they changed it to £50 for the first 6 months then £55 so I have put the cancellation order in let’s see what happens as I’m looking around for a new provider hoping to pick something up around Black Friday if I have to will just go to virgin as new customer under wife’s name seem new customers are better looked after

They have some black friday deals live now: virginmedia.com/sho…als
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions