virgin media retentions, cancellation and whete to move?

Hi guys,

I've left Virgin due to utilisation issues in the area and have handed my notice in.

Will anyone from retentions get in contact to offer a better deal, do you think it's worth waiting?

Secondly, who has the best broadband? I'm not bothered about TV but I'll need a landline.

Thank you

9 Comments

How long has it been since you handed your notice in? I got a call 2 days after I cancelled my contract and was offered 100mb broadband (upgraded to 150mb) for £22 a month without a phone line and that was discounted down from £38/month

Same boat.
Currently on promotional period of 24/mnth for 50mbps plus phone, going to 40/mnth next month.
Cancelled on phone and got some stupid offers on spot which i rejected(minimum was 36/mnth).
Got call 2 days after (today) and best offer was 28/mnth for 75mbps plus phone. (he said cant go lower as I use >100Gb/mnths probably due to 4k netflix streaming).
Rejected the offer and now thinking have I made the right decision?

They will call, just be prepared with the best price you can find with cash back

Original Poster

Thanks guys, I did mention to the operator to ring my mobile if they need anything, hopefully they do.

Don't want to phone up and say 'can you cancel my cancellation please' lol.

But in the worst case scenario, which ISPs are generally 'OK'?

Original Poster

A2EEM

How long has it been since you handed your notice in? I got a call 2 days … How long has it been since you handed your notice in? I got a call 2 days after I cancelled my contract and was offered 100mb broadband (upgraded to 150mb) for £22 a month without a phone line and that was discounted down from £38/month

About an hour ago

same as 2 days after giving notice got the call asking if cancellation had gone through ok then proceeded to offer up grades at a lower price they need you more than you need them push hard good luck

We signed up to bt which had a good cashback deal on

If you have a utilisation issue, even if virgin did call you back and offer you a mega speed for little money then issue would still be there. I was in the situation as you, a virgin operator lied to me and said increasing my speed would fix it, I believed him and I was locked into another contract (18 months) before i realised it made no difference. To cut a long story short I eventually argued my way out of the contract and joined sky.
My speed with sky is 40 odd mb and it's been faultless. Even with 2 ps4's playing online and someone else streaming HD movies at the same time - it barely drops in speed. I pay sky £20 a month for a phone line and unlimited broadband. Good luck.

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER

If you have a utilisation issue, even if virgin did call you back and … If you have a utilisation issue, even if virgin did call you back and offer you a mega speed for little money then issue would still be there. I was in the situation as you, a virgin operator lied to me and said increasing my speed would fix it, I believed him and I was locked into another contract (18 months) before i realised it made no difference. To cut a long story short I eventually argued my way out of the contract and joined sky.My speed with sky is 40 odd mb and it's been faultless. Even with 2 ps4's playing online and someone else streaming HD movies at the same time - it barely drops in speed. I pay sky £20 a month for a phone line and unlimited broadband. Good luck.

Problem is, I'm not sure if there's an active BT line to my property.

It might require digging up the drive.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?615
    2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?44
    3. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?813
    4. Amazon prime subscribe & save34

See more discussions