Virgin Media Retentions deal

Posted 5th Mar
Hi all, hoping for some advice please

I currently have a Virgin Media BB and Phone line (350 line with weekend calls) and am paying £37.50/month. My contract is due to end soon and i was speaking to someone at Virgin about another matter when i mentioned i am thinking of leaving due to the price. At the time, the representative offered me the same price as I am paying at the moment for 12 months (£37.50)... I said i would think about it and call back to confirm if I wanted to proceed or not. I called them 2 days ago and spoke to their Retention's team stating i would like to take the offer of £37.50, however they said they cannot offer it anymore as it was a Feb offer and now it is not showing as we are in March. The best they offered was £43/month (same as a new customer) and I said I would like to leave due to the cost.
My question is:
1) Should i hold out hoping for someone else from Retention's calls me to offer something better
2) Should I accept the offer of £43/month
3) Should I take a new contract (via cashback website) under my partners name (@£43/month)? The Retention's person said if i were to come back my first bill would be around £90 so this may negate the cashback amount

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

18 Comments
If you want to play the game make sure your marketing preferences are set to allow them to call you. You have to cancel to even get a call back and a good deal.

ours was going from £26 to 40 something for 200 BB only, called up got the usual dance and they offered it got £38 I had told them earlier in the year I was only paying £20 and she offered another fiver off to £33. Put in the cancellation and they called back next day. Asked why I was leaving said because last January we were paying £20 and she matched it straight away.

dont forget you can use the my mate got trick when they call.

proper retentions only call you, you can’t call them normally.
Edited by: "eslick" 5th Mar
I did this a week ago, I said that I just want to leave. A couple of days later they rang me and offered the same package I was on for £15 cheaper than I was paying
thanks all... i will hold out a few weeks to see if i get a call back,,, if i don't i may need to accept what they offered. Marketing preferences are updated so fingers crossed they offer me something decent.
Wow... I need to get mine sorted ...phone and bb as ops, (phone disconnected years ago)
...... I pay £60.30
Edited by: "steve.t" 5th Mar
Its been nearly 2 weeks and i still haven't received a call from the rentions team. I made sure marketing settings were set too
Hi all, still not had a call back from retentions team, have just cancelled my direct debit so let’s see if that prompts them to call me. Has anyone had any joy with any decent retention deals lately as I gather these change throughout the month
emranc115/03/2020 21:35

Hi all, still not had a call back from retentions team, have just …Hi all, still not had a call back from retentions team, have just cancelled my direct debit so let’s see if that prompts them to call me. Has anyone had any joy with any decent retention deals lately as I gather these change throughout the month

Did you ring them to say you wanted to cancel when your contract runs out? If not then retentions won’t call you
Arto15/03/2020 21:45

Did you ring them to say you wanted to cancel when your contract runs out? …Did you ring them to say you wanted to cancel when your contract runs out? If not then retentions won’t call you

Hi, yes my cancellation is already booked... seen some people have been called within a day or 2 but it been about 2 weeks and not heard from them. Marketing preferences were updated so they can contact me.
If I was betting I would be saying VM won’t be doing any retention deals at the moment in the current climate.
eslick15/03/2020 22:14

If I was betting I would be saying VM won’t be doing any retention deals a …If I was betting I would be saying VM won’t be doing any retention deals at the moment in the current climate.

I got one just over a week ago
Arto15/03/2020 22:34

I got one just over a week ago

Do you mind me asking what trey offered you?
emranc115/03/2020 22:43

Do you mind me asking what trey offered you?

100mb broadband and 2gb sim for £22pm
Thanks Arto. just spoke to VM and apparently it is the "outbound team" (not sure how they differ to retentions) that need to call up as they have different (cheaper offers). They have requested for them to call me back to see what they can offer... have cancelled my DD as that was how i got the call in the first place so let's see what happens.
emranc116/03/2020 12:53

Thanks Arto. just spoke to VM and apparently it is the "outbound team" …Thanks Arto. just spoke to VM and apparently it is the "outbound team" (not sure how they differ to retentions) that need to call up as they have different (cheaper offers). They have requested for them to call me back to see what they can offer... have cancelled my DD as that was how i got the call in the first place so let's see what happens.

Let me know how it goes
Arto16/03/2020 13:38

Let me know how it goes

had to bite the bullet and accept 200MB with weekend calls for £33... new customers get £38. the 350MB line with weekend calls was offered for £38.
The outbound team have all been reassigned to retentions team because of COVID-19 so was waiting for quite a while to speak to someone.
emranc124/03/2020 14:29

had to bite the bullet and accept 200MB with weekend calls for £33... new …had to bite the bullet and accept 200MB with weekend calls for £33... new customers get £38. the 350MB line with weekend calls was offered for £38.The outbound team have all been reassigned to retentions team because of COVID-19 so was waiting for quite a while to speak to someone.

Not too bad tbh
Arto24/03/2020 15:47

Not too bad tbh

Not the best but works out as effectively the same offer I received when I signed up and better than a price hike.
emranc124/03/2020 15:49

Not the best but works out as effectively the same offer I received when I …Not the best but works out as effectively the same offer I received when I signed up and better than a price hike.

Anything is better than a price hike, I couldn’t even use mine earlier. Had a power cut which also took down Virgin so I had to wait an hour for the cabinet to reset itself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants