Posted 9th Jan 2022
Hi

A number of years back I got a number to call retentions (outbound team).

Can anyone help?

I am currently in my pending cancellations and the deals are shocking.
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

Groups

25 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Found the following number on moneysavingsexpert listed as direct line to retentions 0800 952 2277 but it's not. They have diverted to an automatic offer of £3 ish for six months (derisory) and you now have to go through all the crap menu stuff. MSE say to ignore offer and hold to negotiate with a person - gave up after 40 min on hold. Think I'll start a transfer with Now broadband (super fibre - £20) and see if Virgin outgoing retention get in touch
  2. Avatar
    When i got a call back last year,it was just a mobile number. Lucky i answered because i usually let unknown numbers go to voicemail.
  3. Avatar
    There have been 2 VM retention offer threads created in the last 24 hours, plenty of info there
  4. Avatar
    If you have a virgin phone call 150, i think option 4 is for leaving/retentions
  5. Avatar
    I'm not quite sure what you mean...what number are you looking for? If you ring Virgin and follow the menus, you get put through to retentions. Are you trying to skip that couple of steps? Maybe one of these.

46650594-7dcec.jpg
  6. Avatar
    SSGdeals09/01/2022 14:29

There was a number I got which really helped. It was on a virgin media …There was a number I got which really helped. It was on a virgin media mega thread. The number I want is a direct number to the retentions team - outbound team who have the best offers for existing virgin media customers

But all you have to do is ring up and go to the menu, then the option that says you're thinking of leaving? A direct number would go through to the exact same department, you wouldn't get a better deal, you'd just skip having to press button 4 or whatever it is.
  7. Avatar
    SSGdeals09/01/2022 20:30

I had the number but lost it. I know what outbound means but I also had …I had the number but lost it. I know what outbound means but I also had their number

PM'd number
    please PM the same number. would be much appreciated.
  8. Avatar
    I’ll need this number soon myself, new contact time is coming up
  9. Avatar
    moneysaver8009/01/2022 20:46

PM'd number

Please share on the thread. VM haggling questions get posted almost daily. Would be useful for anyone searching previous questions.
  10. Avatar
    Author
    No number on the thread. I have cancelled already but this is the outbound team number I am looking for… it was a 0800 number I believe
  11. Avatar
    Author
    There was a number I got which really helped. It was on a virgin media mega thread. The number I want is a direct number to the retentions team - outbound team who have the best offers for existing virgin media customers
  12. Avatar
    Author
    Definitely have got a better deal before it’s ok. I will wait for a call back

I think it’s call the loyalty team - FYI (edited)
  13. Avatar
    Normally the "outbound team" don't have an incoming number you can phone direct, only way to get in touch with them is when they phone you
  14. Avatar
    You cannot directly contact the outbound team.
  15. Avatar
    Author
    Still waiting for a call back, marketing permissions are fine. Let’s see if I get a call back then
  16. Avatar
    SSGdeals09/01/2022 14:29

There was a number I got which really helped. It was on a virgin media …There was a number I got which really helped. It was on a virgin media mega thread. The number I want is a direct number to the retentions team - outbound team who have the best offers for existing virgin media customers

Doubt an outbound team would take inbound calls. It's in the name

SSGdeals09/01/2022 14:32

Definitely have got a better deal before it’s ok. I will wait for a call b …Definitely have got a better deal before it’s ok. I will wait for a call backI think it’s call the loyalty team - FYI

They don't care about loyalty so that's a joke (edited)
  17. Avatar
    Author
    I had the number but lost it. I know what outbound means but I also had their number
  18. Avatar
    Martin Lewis mentioned on last show about VM price rise. He advised calling them to either cancel your contract without a penalty fee or try to renegotiate.
  19. Avatar
    Author
    Virgin field sales team offer me M200 - £26 they wouldn’t go any lower at all. Any tips?
  20. Avatar
    SSGdeals10/01/2022 17:34

Virgin field sales team offer me M200 - £26 they wouldn’t go any lower at a …Virgin field sales team offer me M200 - £26 they wouldn’t go any lower at all. Any tips?

If you can find a better offer online then you could always sign up as a new customer, (if someone lives with you with a different name)
  21. Avatar
    Author
    Nah online offers ain’t great to be honest but I just want what a lot of others are getting. I’ll stick it out for a while and see if I get a call and if not bye bye virgin
  22. Avatar
    When we cancelled last year we didn't even get a call back. We had to sign up as a new customer for the best available deal at the time.
Top Merchants