virgin media self installation

5 replies
Found 17th Jul
I have just moved house am trying to self install.
There is already an isolator cable in the wall socket that I can't take out but doesn't fit my hub. How can I take it out!?

5 Comments

not sure what you are trying to do but virgin modems are connected to the superhub by a coax type cable, are you sure you have a virgin point inside or outside the property, also if you have just moved you still need to contact virgin to connect you to their network. If you are plugging in a router from your previous provider it will not work. We moved house as a virgin customer and I thought it was a case of plugging in my superhub and ringing them up but they don't do that they require a new contract and send you a new hub. If you dont have a virgin point then they have to send an engineer out

Is the push to connect cable the right way round? The ends are colour coded black and red?

groppo

not sure what you are trying to do but virgin modems are connected to the … not sure what you are trying to do but virgin modems are connected to the superhub by a coax type cable, are you sure you have a virgin point inside or outside the property, also if you have just moved you still need to contact virgin to connect you to their network. If you are plugging in a router from your previous provider it will not work. We moved house as a virgin customer and I thought it was a case of plugging in my superhub and ringing them up but they don't do that they require a new contract and send you a new hub. If you dont have a virgin point then they have to send an engineer out

if in same area catchment than it will work if you can connect your virgin hub as they work with mac address along coax not using phone line.

Do you mean this ?
http://www.mpja.com/images/0541.jpg

Virgin use F Connectors same as Sky / Satellite Cable, are you sure its Virgin Cable?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50441
    2. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766

See more discussions