Virgin media sign up

Found 22nd Aug 2017
Virgin media has just been installed in the area, and a sales guy has offered this for £40 per month:-

Vivid 200
Full house package
Sky sports
Sky movies
HD
Free install
£20 activation fee.

Is this a good deal or could I press for more discount?
Any help of thoughts would be great. Cheers in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Very good deal!
How many months is that for though as after 6 or 12 months that price will shoot up.
Agree with PlymouthSaint. Ask the sales guy for the small print. You often find you'll end up signing a 12/18 month contract but the price they've given you is a special 50% discount rate for 6 months. After that it'll return to the standard price and it will be £80 a month for example. By then your right to cancel has long expired and you're stuck paying the extortionate rate. Always read the small print, sales people are very sneaky like that.
Virgin media offer a very good product but their customer service is diabolical. Nothing could entice me back
Had a look at the paperwork states its for 12 months.
That is a very good deal. Does it include the telephone rental??

I've been with VM for 20 years (since NTL days) - on the whole they are very good but they do try to keep upping the price. Need to ring up and play the cancel game to get a better deal!

The broadband speed cannot be matched by anyone else!
akkie0076 m ago

Had a look at the paperwork states its for 12 months.

Still a very good deal. After the 12 months they will put you on the standard rates for your package but just ring up and say you want to cancel. Lot of threads on here on how to play the game.
No line rental mentioned in the paperwork
Their standard line rental charge is £19/month or £196/year (paid in advance).

Worth checking with the salesman that "the £40 includes the line rental and some free calls" - I assume it won't but lets him know you're wanting a better price.

I'm most likely getting rid of our landline when my contract is up in November!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants