Expired

virgin media super hub 3 worth the upgrade from superhub 2?

Found 26th Apr 2017
hello, currently renewal my virgin media intertnet. they offered me a new superhub 3 i agree to it. now thinking about my superhub 2 is quite good already and have no problem with it. is it even worth me changing over the router and then pairing all my devices up again if there isnt much different i heard the superhub 3 has a few bugs
Community Updates
27 Comments
I had the Superhub 2..... didn't reach everywhere in the house. ...

However the Superhub 3 does and I've had no issues at all (oh, Xbox One wouldn't sign in. A call to MS help desk and they changed some IP settings on the Xbox itself and it worked )

BTW - I have the Superhub 3 up on window ledge - so its higher than Superhub 2 was (it was on the floor )

Guess each household will give different results. ....

Good luck
Edited by: "Kenp8257" 26th Apr 2017
Google it as I've heard the complete opposite. The 2ac I believe is still the best router they have, and if you don't have problems I'm not sure why you would want to change.

techradar.com/rev…b-3
That was just one of a number of hits.
I had many problems with the Super Hub 3 so I reverted to my old 2 & no problems.
Super Hub 3 is made by Liteon which makes it very disappointing.
You should be able to have the same wifi setting as 2 so no need to change your devices. The only problem I have I can't change the ip address range. It's fixed to 192.168.0.1 range.
if you ned VPN dont bother
do you guys reckon i can try the superhub 3 if its no good just change back to the hub 3?
I'm not sure and might be problematic. ....

Maybe ask for the Superhub 3 - they won't take old one away (or rather you have to send it back) until new one is up and running.....

Delay sending old one back. .... comparing how the new one performs....

If old one is better tell VM that and insist on you putting old one back in and them sending signals to boot it up - if necessary....

At the end of the day you're a paying customer and shouldn't be worse off when upgrading to a supposed better Superhub. ...

I haven't got ask to send the old router back.
Arris make the sh3, good range but ip/dhcp address range is set to 192.0.1.x which is annoying.
DnbTse

I haven't got ask to send the old router back.

Ah, that's good..... hopefully if the SH2 is better you can just swap back
Got the 3 when our 2 was having issues, no issues at all with it, stronger signal in parts there wasn't any. Only downside is the interface is different and it requires longer passwords on the wifi now.
eslick

Got the 3 when our 2 was having issues, no issues at all with it, … Got the 3 when our 2 was having issues, no issues at all with it, stronger signal in parts there wasn't any. Only downside is the interface is different and it requires longer passwords on the wifi now.

What do you mean by the interface is different ? Wifi password is not a issue.
Thanks for the reply! I try the sh3 and see how it goes if not I swap it back. Hopefully virgin will allow me to carry on using the sh2
If it's better for you they should do. ..
DnbTse

What do you mean by the interface is different ? Wifi password is not a … What do you mean by the interface is different ? Wifi password is not a issue.

By interface I think they mean the website where you change passwords, wifi channel etc...

I assuming though as I've not yet looked at the Superhub 3 router web page. ....
I plug it in when I get it then and see if it's any good. Thanks!
Good luck
Can't remember what my issue was exactly, but I found it harder to sort out port forwarding etc. There's certainly less control on the router side things. I've been tempted to use it in modem mode and get a different router at times.
kester76

Arris make the sh3, good range but ip/dhcp address range is set to … Arris make the sh3, good range but ip/dhcp address range is set to 192.0.1.x which is annoying.

192.168.0.x here
Edited by: "rev6" 28th Apr 2017
Kenp8257

I had the Superhub 2..... didn't reach everywhere in the house. … I had the Superhub 2..... didn't reach everywhere in the house. ...However the Superhub 3 does and I've had no issues at all (oh, Xbox One wouldn't sign in. A call to MS help desk and they changed some IP settings on the Xbox itself and it worked )BTW - I have the Superhub 3 up on window ledge - so its higher than Superhub 2 was (it was on the floor )Guess each household will give different results. ....Good luck

I heard it has a open nat problems on Xbox one even wired ??? Gutted if true hub 3 on way but need to hub 2 is shocking
Yes - same problem on Xbox One when wired.

Oddly, the Xbox 360 connected wireless with no problems.

I called MS helpline and the operator was very helpful.

She talked me through going through the settings and changing a few things. I can't remember what but it might have been gateway settings.

It was trial and error for a bit but then got it all working perfectly :-)
WiFi sharing only works on a sh3, your going to get one eventually, may as well get it over with now
Got hub 3 got to say so far way better signal less problems with 2 ghz devices etc think firmware fixed all issues
DnbTse

Thanks for the reply! I try the sh3 and see how it goes if not I swap it … Thanks for the reply! I try the sh3 and see how it goes if not I swap it back. Hopefully virgin will allow me to carry on using the sh2

My hub 3 is loads better than my 2
Thanks for the messages people. Installed the super hub 3 havnt really notice much difference btw. But it was free anyway
I thought the 3 used the problematic Puma chipset ... latency issues, and apparently easy to DOS - apparently in some games, it the cheat can get your IP from a chat server, they'll DOS you to make you lose.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants