virgin media (tivo box)

having the tivo box installed on wednesday, checking if anyone has one, need to know is it any good ? pls let me know, thanks, i do have 7days cooling off period after installation,

14 Comments

I've used TiVo for years before sky+ came along, and it's amazing... One if the very few things that you buy and far exceed the expectations.

Trust me, u won't regret getting TiVo.

Banned

Where'd you get it from years ago ?

Original Poster

Babbabooey

I've used TiVo for years before sky+ came along, and it's amazing... One … I've used TiVo for years before sky+ came along, and it's amazing... One if the very few things that you buy and far exceed the expectations.Trust me, u won't regret getting TiVo.

how many years has tivo been out ? oO, they said to me last year

lewt

Where'd you get it from years ago ?

It was originally released in 2000 (by Thompson I believe), but didn't sell well and stopped in 2002.
Virgin have now bought TiVo.
Edited by: "Richierea" 20th Jun 2011

had mine installed last friday £40 all in for the 500gb box and its a massive improvement on the V+ hd box its faster on demand is much faster its a huge box takes about 40 mins to set up,im still getting to grips with it but upto now its a cool piece of tech

Original Poster

rwm24

This may be of interest to you: … This may be of interest to you: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=246

Babbabooey

I've used TiVo for years before sky+ came along, and it's amazing... One … I've used TiVo for years before sky+ came along, and it's amazing... One if the very few things that you buy and far exceed the expectations.Trust me, u won't regret getting TiVo.

the porter

had mine installed last friday £40 all in for the 500gb box and its a … had mine installed last friday £40 all in for the 500gb box and its a massive improvement on the V+ hd box its faster on demand is much faster its a huge box takes about 40 mins to set up,im still getting to grips with it but upto now its a cool piece of tech

thanks for the info,

Banned

the porter

had mine installed last friday £40 all in for the 500gb box and its a … had mine installed last friday £40 all in for the 500gb box and its a massive improvement on the V+ hd box its faster on demand is much faster its a huge box takes about 40 mins to set up,im still getting to grips with it but upto now its a cool piece of tech

I was quoted £50 for the box then £40 to set it up...

Original Poster

lewt

i was quoted £50 for tivo and £50 for v+ hd box and £30 credit, so got both for £70, but free set up
i'll be selling my sky hd box to reimburse costs,

I've had it for about two months now and really like it.

Not as quick as Sky HD box, but a massive improvement on the old V+ box.

lewt

just get through to retentions they have the power to wave the set up fee

Here here !

dcx_badass

No, it carried on in America, and I believe they used an imported one.

I was refering to UK, but anyway.

imi44

how many years has tivo been out ? oO, they said to me last year

TiVo never really took off here in the UK, but there's been a small(ish) following of users for years.
The boxes that are used here are Series 1 Thomson, and NOT imports from the USA. Places such as tivoland.com/ sell them still, although TiVo have recently announced that they are stopping the guide updating (due to going to Virgin).

If Sky did a TiVo box, I would get one in a heartbeat.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047150
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
    4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66

See more discussions