Virgin Media to Boost M broadband to 10Mbit/s from May

Just seen this on the register theregister.co.uk/200…de/ looks like Virgin are upping existing customers on 2Mbit/s broadband to 10Mbit/s.

12 Comments

Banned

wrong section, surely?

This would oh so sweet! The slowness of 2Mb/s is really starting to hurt.

Banned

PhoenixRising;4473418

This would oh so sweet! The slowness of 2Mb/s is really starting to hurt.

its not the DL speed that hurts so much (80GB downloaded this month so far!). The UL speed is what hurts me! Really struggle to get a 1:1 ratio on torrents.

hopefully, the UL speed will also be upgraded :-D

what happens to the customers who already pay for the L broadband, would they get an upgrade to 20MB ? or do I have to pay for it?

i thought they had been promising this for a few years but never seems to happen

Banned

hassony;4474068

what happens to the customers who already pay for the L broadband, would … what happens to the customers who already pay for the L broadband, would they get an upgrade to 20MB ? or do I have to pay for it?

The new M is going to be 10mb, L = 20mb, XL = 50MB
ttwcd;4476445

i thought they had been promising this for a few years but never seems to … i thought they had been promising this for a few years but never seems to happen

you're not wrong there! :x

csiman;4477450

The new M is going to be 10mb, L = 20mb, XL = 50MB

Where did you hear this, I know logically it should work like this. But if M is moved to 10 will L actually ever change?

hmmmmm going to 20mb would be nice

Banned

ghockley1981;4481840

Where did you hear this, I know logically it should work like this. But … Where did you hear this, I know logically it should work like this. But if M is moved to 10 will L actually ever change?hmmmmm going to 20mb would be nice

google it

Banned

I thought the services would be

S 2mb
L 10mb
XL 20mb
XXL 50mb

So the same as now but M being changed to S, and all current M customers being upgraded to L. There are no current plans to upgrade current L customers to XL or XL xustomers to XXL

csiman;4473920

its not the DL speed that hurts so much (80GB downloaded this month so … its not the DL speed that hurts so much (80GB downloaded this month so far!). The UL speed is what hurts me! Really struggle to get a 1:1 ratio on torrents.hopefully, the UL speed will also be upgraded :-D

I recently changed from M to L and the upload speed jumps up to 60 kb/s from 20 kb/s

mike_1913;4527224

I recently changed from M to L and the upload speed jumps up to 60 kb/s … I recently changed from M to L and the upload speed jumps up to 60 kb/s from 20 kb/s

Welcome to HUKD mike.

You waited a while for your 1st post.

thesaint;4527682

Welcome to HUKD mike. :)You waited a while for your 1st post.

I've been waiting for the right moment
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1526
    2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1015
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32171
    4. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger78

See more discussions