Virgin Media to monitor file sharers

I came across this article last week. The news is only a week old.

Virgin Media to monitor file sharers

news.zdnet.co.uk/sec…htm

10 Comments

Banned

not new news though

thanks for the reminder though

Banned

1. Its anonymous

2. "Encryption of the data packet would defeat us"

so would you be alright if you used torrent sites like utorrent etc?
or they can only monitor things like limewire?

csiman;7138371

1. Its anonymous2. "Encryption of the data packet would defeat us"

exactly...nothing to worry about...yet.

landofdan;7138441

so would you be alright if you used torrent sites like utorrent etc?or … so would you be alright if you used torrent sites like utorrent etc?or they can only monitor things like limewire?

they can monitor it, but they would not know its you, and basically if encrypted they havent got the power to decrypt and see what the content is.

they can monitor it, but they would not know its you, and basically if … they can monitor it, but they would not know its you, and basically if encrypted they havent got the power to decrypt and see what the content is.

so SSL newsgroups are safe still then?

awoodhall2003;7138464

they can monitor it, but they would not know its you, and basically if … they can monitor it, but they would not know its you, and basically if encrypted they havent got the power to decrypt and see what the content is.

this may be true of Virgin at current but its possible to analyse encrypted data packets on a LANs and WANs with the right monitoring set-up and yes this includes SSL

i can't believe mininova is gone!, just use peerguardian to stop anyone snooping on what you download.

Banned

tdogg;7139359

i can't believe mininova is gone!, just use peerguardian to stop anyone … i can't believe mininova is gone!, just use peerguardian to stop anyone snooping on what you download.

peerguardian wont help at all

you have to set encryption on within utorrent

csiman;7139416

peerguardian wont help at allyou have to set encryption on within utorrent

i'll have to remember that, thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game73944520
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would814
    3. Buying an iPhone second hand22