Virgin Media Ultimate oomph Bundle £79, £20 lower than on website

Posted 30th Oct
Have just been offered the above package (and have received it in writing) for £79 for 12 months on a 12 month contract. The VirginMedia website has the same offer for £99.
Included in the Oomph bundle is Sky and BT Sports (amongst other channels) and the £79 offer also includes an unlimited Virgin Media sim (which is not mentioned on the web site).
I am not sure if the deal is local (Harrow), as it was offered by a Virgin sales person on the door.
Happy to share the Virgin sales person details where they are of help.

virginmedia.com/sho…dle
Community Updates

Groups

19 Comments
I guess that doesnt include any cashback or bill credit? A few weeks ago this was £89/month w/ £230 cashback and PS4 or £150 bill credit. net cost £57 month for 12 months hotukdeals.com/dea…531
at the minute online its £99 w/£130 cashback and £125 credit. net cost £77 a month
What is people's opinion on Virgin is it a massive difference from sky in terms of speed?
Bal_Dhamrait30/10/2019 13:40

What is people's opinion on Virgin is it a massive difference from sky in …What is people's opinion on Virgin is it a massive difference from sky in terms of speed?

My father in law, son and friend have all dropped Virigin because it acts up in my area..............
Virgin for broadband, sky for tv for me. The V6 box on virgin is so hot and miss and in my opinion doesnt have the polish of sky q.

What is people's opinion on Virgin is it a massive difference from sky in …What is people's opinion on Virgin is it a massive difference from sky in terms of speed?

If you went with this package it’s advertised 500Mb with a guarantee of 258mb minimum (might be location dependant) If you find you were getting less you could exit contract with no penalty.
Edited by: "me98" 30th Oct

I’m on an exchange only line so would be stuck with ADSL if I went with Sky. I have Virgin broadband and Sky TV
The Virgin media router is crap.
You get the speeds if you are sat in the same room as the router, move to the next room and it drops so badly.
The boosters are useless too, so if you are deciding to go to VM for your BB, expect to spend around £60 to £100 for a decent router.
KingNav36030/10/2019 14:48

The Virgin media router is crap. You get the speeds if you are sat in the …The Virgin media router is crap. You get the speeds if you are sat in the same room as the router, move to the next room and it drops so badly. The boosters are useless too, so if you are deciding to go to VM for your BB, expect to spend around £60 to £100 for a decent router.

Had our super hub for over 2 years , 100 meg speed .
We get 50-75 in all rooms in the house .
And 100 and over at the router .
Plenty of people have mentioned this deal recently. For sports fans this is probably a good price but I see it as a waste of money as I don’t watch live tv, only streamed content (Netflix/prime/nowtv).
KingNav36030/10/2019 14:48

The Virgin media router is crap. You get the speeds if you are sat in the …The Virgin media router is crap. You get the speeds if you are sat in the same room as the router, move to the next room and it drops so badly. The boosters are useless too, so if you are deciding to go to VM for your BB, expect to spend around £60 to £100 for a decent router.

Or just buy a mesh WiFi system and get high speeds and strong signal everywhere.
cmdr_elito30/10/2019 16:20

Or just buy a mesh WiFi system and get high speeds and strong signal …Or just buy a mesh WiFi system and get high speeds and strong signal everywhere.

Mesh system at a cost, to make up for the crap router.
And if you are a online gamer, expect awful ping times.
The bane of all decent online gamers.
KingNav36030/10/2019 16:30

Mesh system at a cost, to make up for the crap router. And if you are a …Mesh system at a cost, to make up for the crap router. And if you are a online gamer, expect awful ping times. The bane of all decent online gamers.

My ping is 15ms over mesh on virgin 350mb. No problems playing pubg/battlefield etc

Yes mesh costs money but it’ll work with any modem so doesn’t matter if you change your ISP you can still use it. I’ve had BT before and it was donkey........
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 30th Oct
cmdr_elito30/10/2019 16:32

My ping is 15ms over mesh on virgin 350mb. No problems playing …My ping is 15ms over mesh on virgin 350mb. No problems playing pubg/battlefield etcYes mesh costs money but it’ll work with any modem so doesn’t matter if you change your ISP you can still use it. I’ve had BT before and it was donkey........

You sound like you are on commission from VM my friend.
KingNav36030/10/2019 16:42

You sound like you are on commission from VM my friend.

You sound like your on commission from BT my friend
cmdr_elito30/10/2019 16:44

You sound like your on commission from BT my friend

Didnt mention BT once
Just stating some well known facts about VM's poorly rated and reviewed 'super hub'.
KingNav36030/10/2019 16:52

Didnt mention BT once ;)Just stating some well known facts about VM's …Didnt mention BT once ;)Just stating some well known facts about VM's poorly rated and reviewed 'super hub'.

And using mesh means the hub is in modem only mode, therefore my hub doesn’t actually affect WiFi at connection at all. My hub is in modem only mode.

I’m not disagreeing about the hub just that the connection is bad, because it isn’t bad, with the right equipment and the hub in modem only mode, it’s actually extremely good. Anyone that knows anything about networking doesn’t use stock routers for WiFi, they are all bad no matter which ISP you choose, therefore reading reviews about hubs is pretty irrelevant when they are only being used as modems.
cmdr_elito30/10/2019 17:40

And using mesh means the hub is in modem only mode, therefore my hub …And using mesh means the hub is in modem only mode, therefore my hub doesn’t actually affect WiFi at connection at all. My hub is in modem only mode. I’m not disagreeing about the hub just that the connection is bad, because it isn’t bad, with the right equipment and the hub in modem only mode, it’s actually extremely good. Anyone that knows anything about networking doesn’t use stock routers for WiFi, they are all bad no matter which ISP you choose, therefore reading reviews about hubs is pretty irrelevant when they are only being used as modems.

You got to remember, Mr (or Miss) Joe Average wont have a clue about networks and how they work.
They just want it all to work straight out of the box, and unfortunately, the VM superhub doesnt do that.

You are asking people to then pay on top of their package charges for a mesh system, which I am sure the majority of people are not interested in investing in, never mind knowing how to work it.
KingNav36030/10/2019 17:46

You got to remember, Mr (or Miss) Joe Average wont have a clue about …You got to remember, Mr (or Miss) Joe Average wont have a clue about networks and how they work. They just want it all to work straight out of the box, and unfortunately, the VM superhub doesnt do that. You are asking people to then pay on top of their package charges for a mesh system, which I am sure the majority of people are not interested in investing in, never mind knowing how to work it.

Again as I said all ISP stock routers are awful, some are more awful than others but all are bad so the virgin one is probably the worst of a bad bunch.

Word is getting out about mesh and thanks to the likes of google and BT WiFi discs having easy setups average joe can have great speeds all the time with very little knowledge or expertise. There are also cheaper options such as Tenda and TP link too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants