Virgin Media V+ Problem?

I've had Virgin media tv installed for 3 days and im having problems with the box, it locked up a few mins ago and i restarted the box, but it wont go past AP-52 or something so its saying on the box..

Any ideas?

15 Comments

I had the exact same problem although when I turned it off then back on it froze completely.

I cancelled it within 4 days and switched to Sky.

mine has done same about 10 mins ago

Original Poster

scoobydoobydooo;6764779

mine has done same about 10 mins ago

how odd, its now randomly sorted its self out, after leaving it turned on, :?

Hmm this does not look promising from virgin :thinking:

lastlaststar;6764784

how odd, its now randomly sorted its self out, after leaving it turned … how odd, its now randomly sorted its self out, after leaving it turned on, :?Hmm this does not look promising from virgin :thinking:

just gonna try mine again,,hopefully it comes back on

usually its updating when mine freezes

v+ boxes have glitches. They do this and ideally would need replacing.

AP52 sounds like a signal issue.

back on now:)

sky is just as bad - I had a new box fitted 2 months ago and it is worse than the old one everything clashes when there is nothing to clash with!

Original Poster

scoobydoobydooo;6764807

back on now:)

good to hear, must have been a glitch there end..

firmware updates...

All boxs been down in this region.

Ours was down (in Derbyshire) around midnight but is back now .

These people who run to sky because virgin is playin up (although ive never had a problem with virgin n 5 years)are very funny.

Like sky has no problems. I dont work for sky but i come across sky issues all the time that i have to fix because sky are being funny about helping there customers.

J4GG4;6765293

These people who run to sky because virgin is playin up (although ive … These people who run to sky because virgin is playin up (although ive never had a problem with virgin n 5 years)are very funny.Like sky has no problems. I dont work for sky but i come across sky issues all the time that i have to fix because sky are being funny about helping there customers.

I've had both (currently sky) and they are as bad as each other for crap boxes. At least with Virgin you rent the equipment and they repair/replace it. After 12 months with Sky you're on your own.

deek72;6765308

I've had both (currently sky) and they are as bad as each other for crap … I've had both (currently sky) and they are as bad as each other for crap boxes. At least with Virgin you rent the equipment and they repair/replace it. After 12 months with Sky you're on your own.

yes you are on your own but then you say to them under the contract it states i need to have working equipment to receive sky so its upto the provider to repair replace the equipment else i will cancel and goto bt vision worked so far for me ... the arguement is the eqipment is useless without sky
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24103
    3. Sad news about Barcelona24102
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111

See more discussions