virgin media V6 box

Found 4th Feb
not a deal but advising people who are on virgin media broadband/tv/phone package and want to upgrade to the V6 box and new hub, please do not do it online as they are total muppets.
if you are going to upgrade fro free ring the call centre, i put 2 different orders in online and not one of them have gone through and when i give the order reference they cannot find it.
this company has gone totally down hill, and it really helps when there call centres handlers are based in india.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Thanks for the info Moved to Misc but it might be something you wish to share on the original V6 info post.
Ordered mine online on the 28th, came on the 2nd. No issues.
Online form wouldn’t work for me spoke to a right plumb on the phone but hoping it arrives
Maybe eventually you wil end up with 3 and be able to ebay 2
i didn't have any issues apart from delivery, arranged for a morning delivery 8-13. On the morning of delivery, yodel gave me a two hour time slot -1324 to 1524. i suppose it tells you that virgin are going downhill if they are happy to deal with a joke company like yodel
Segata-Sanshiro3 h, 5 m ago

Maybe eventually you wil end up with 3 and be able to ebay 2

I ordered one and received two.
Same with me op, mine was supposed to be here last Friday. Rang them, they had no idea and had to rebook it. Getting delivered this Tues now. Useless.

But I do love their Internet speeds!
Are these boxes any good?

I currently use a talktalk youview box via my 50mb virgin media internet @£34 a month and the box is becoming slightly (read very) sluggish!!

Should I give them a call?

To be fair I seldom watch live tv, so lots of extra telly channels would be a waste...
BillySollox57 m ago

Are these boxes any good? I currently use a talktalk youview box via my …Are these boxes any good? I currently use a talktalk youview box via my 50mb virgin media internet @£34 a month and the box is becoming slightly (read very) sluggish!!Should I give them a call? To be fair I seldom watch live tv, so lots of extra telly channels would be a waste...

You won't get any new channels (unless the youview box limits that somehow) but they're half the size of the last TiVo type box and don't make weird noises. Call them though, I'm paying half what you do.
BillySollox14 h, 9 m ago

Are these boxes any good? I currently use a talktalk youview box via my …Are these boxes any good? I currently use a talktalk youview box via my 50mb virgin media internet @£34 a month and the box is becoming slightly (read very) sluggish!!Should I give them a call? To be fair I seldom watch live tv, so lots of extra telly channels would be a waste...

no. its nice to have 6 channels, and its smaller, and it is slightly more responsive. but the user interface is as annoying as it was before and the tv guide close to useless. Tivo do not understand how to make a user interface.

OTOH, its free. so...yes.
Cr0m4th Feb

You won't get any new channels (unless the youview box limits that …You won't get any new channels (unless the youview box limits that somehow) but they're half the size of the last TiVo type box and don't make weird noises. Call them though, I'm paying half what you do.

I've never been very good at calling virgin media!

May I ask what services you have, and at what price?

what can I realistically hope to bargain? I know I'm paying over the odds, have been for years, but it's always been a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I keep hearing of peeps that get upgrades and their service ultimately ends up being slower than before.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants