Virgin Media VIVID 152 Optical Fibre

Found 14th Jan 2016
Hello. I currently have VIVID 152 Mbps Optical Fibre with Virgin. All I use the internet for really is downloading the odd film torrent, KODI HD streaming and general browsing. Plus I have my mobile and tablet hooked up. Question is do I really need this speed or is it overkill? I think I could request either the 100 or 50 Mbps package. Would this be quick enough to avoid buffering when streaming? Thank you.
Community Updates
8 Comments
If it's just you using it then no you don't need it 50mb would do fine.
I am using 50mb package and quite enough with streaming on Now tv, downloading movies and wifi on PCs & mobiles. But I am not sure about torrents. Go for 100MB, would be enough for you. Look at USwitch website to find a good deal.
Do VM throttle your speeds at ' busy ' periods?
I'm with BT Infinity 2 similar usage to you really with your description' however BT don't ( at least for us ) mess about with download / streaming speeds - I can't vouch if VM do' just something to bear in mind if you are downgrading your service?
go down to 50 mb package..everyone on that is getting a free upgrade to 100 mb in the next 6 months anyway

terry7866

go down to 50 mb package..everyone on that is getting a free upgrade to … go down to 50 mb package..everyone on that is getting a free upgrade to 100 mb in the next 6 months anyway

I thought 50Mbps will be upgraded to 70Mbps.
rev6

I thought 50Mbps will be upgraded to 70Mbps.

You're right, it will be 70.

Originally I can remember there was some confusion because I think the terms Virgin used were based around doubling the speed.
We have 4 in the house streaming and using at the same time on 100. You might not even have a device that can take 150Mb only the most recent tech, last couple of years or good spec laptops can take it on wifi. Not many know about that and people often think they aren't getting the speeds when the issue is with the device.
Original Poster
I think that applies to me eslick. Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions