Virgin Media - what is a good price?

Found 19th Aug 2017
I have a fibre only deal with them, I currently pay £33.25 for "vivid 150" broadband. and have now had a letter saying it's going up by £2.99, so £36.24.

is this a good deal? I don't use a phoneline, and I don't want to pay for any TV. but I wonder if it's cheaper to have a package and not use them instead?
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
I'm on 100 mb bb only 18 at,hand in you're cancellation today,they will ring u back with a good offer,I've been doing it for years. When they increase the price you can leave contract without penalty.

broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_g…187. Use this to find deals elsewhere,you are currently being ripped off pal
Edited by: "tomdavidrichards" 19th Aug 2017
tomdavidrichards1 h, 55 m ago

I'm on 100 mb bb only 18 at,hand in you're cancellation today,they will …I'm on 100 mb bb only 18 at,hand in you're cancellation today,they will ring u back with a good offer,I've been doing it for years. When they increase the price you can leave contract without penalty.broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.158410616.336906658.1502684517-395848743.1493066187. Use this to find deals elsewhere,you are currently being ripped off pal

​​​I've looked and there's no deal even close to 100mb broadband for £18? The 50mb is £28.
It's a retention deal,I cancelled last time they put it up,they rang me back before I disconnected and offered it to me which I agreed
tomdavidrichards2 m ago

It's a retention deal,I cancelled last time they put it up,they rang me …It's a retention deal,I cancelled last time they put it up,they rang me back before I disconnected and offered it to me which I agreed

​how long for?
How long for? My new deal? 1 year
and then what does it go to?
Don't know I cancel before it goes up,they ring me back offer good deal and so it goes on...
I personally never consider the VM as provider, been with them for 16 years - no thanks, tech support don't have a clue about IT or networking, unless you call is forwarded to Scotland!
the service has been great. just want a better price. I started on 30mb and has upgraded to 150 over time, but gone up by about £15 in 4-5 years...
im paying just over £40 for top tv package (excluding sports and movies) and 150 broadband and basic telephone. I will cancel when my price goes up
I pay £55 a month on VM for 200mb BB, free weekend calls and the large tv package with sports.

I also had £220 cashback redeemed from TCB and first month free so saved £270. This made it a total monthly cost of only £32.50.
I pay 36 for gamer package should I cancel in hope
andybriggs0312 m ago

I pay 36 for gamer package should I cancel in hope

Yes worse case senario,ring them day before it's due to disconnect and cancel the disconnection
tomdavidrichards20 m ago

Yes worse case senario,ring them day before it's due to disconnect and …Yes worse case senario,ring them day before it's due to disconnect and cancel the disconnection

Got 26 pound credit an 3.99 off from today then in November my bill goes back up to 36 for 6 months, not bad only 4 month to go after till my contract ends.
andybriggs0314 h, 8 m ago

Got 26 pound credit an 3.99 off from today then in November my bill goes …Got 26 pound credit an 3.99 off from today then in November my bill goes back up to 36 for 6 months, not bad only 4 month to go after till my contract ends.

You can cancel penalty free because of price increase,you should actually cancel for best deals
Im paying 36 every single channel
tomdavidrichards1 h, 29 m ago

You can cancel penalty free because of price increase,you should actually …You can cancel penalty free because of price increase,you should actually cancel for best deals

Im paying 36 every single channel and the gamer broadband and weekend calls that's not too bad
andybriggs033 h, 27 m ago

Im paying 36 every single channel Im paying 36 every single channel and …Im paying 36 every single channel Im paying 36 every single channel and the gamer broadband and weekend calls that's not too bad

Ok thought it was bb only
ok, well, they only offered to give me credit for the next 6 months of £2.99. I got a cancellation date, so hopefully they will offer a better deal now.
how long before call back do you think?
I've had them the next day and after a couple of weeks as well
still not heard anything...
still not heard anything
I'm following this thread as keen to hear how you get on. I've read many a thread on here about virgin and sure some have said they got a call back as late as 3 weeks after giving notice of cancellation. Guess it is a case of holding your nerve for now and having a date set when you will call them is you don't hear sooner!

There is also a current thread where a poster has already given notice and booked a new install in his partner's name - waiting to hear how that turns out! hotukdeals.com/dis…557
Edited by: "Van1973" 14th Sep 2017
Well, today I bottled it. No phonecall, discontinued date a couple of days away, I phoned up and settled for a slight reduction to £30. Not great but dodges the increase and save some money.

Dont know why they never called, oh well
The deals offered to existing customers appears to be very variable. I think they are using what alternatives you have and your usage history - those who could get fibre broadband with BT will be offered a better deal than those who could only get basic broadband.

My turn in November so will see what i'm offered - I could only get 4-8mb with BT, so I don't really want to leave!.
Yes my usage is a lot, I think it was average of 156gb per month
My Dec-March "value statement" suggested just under 600gb - so not sure if that was 3 or 4 months worth but looks like we're in the same order of magnitude. I'd be happy with a price similar to yours - currently have TV/phone but happy to drop them. Last year the best price was for a package rather than broadband on it's own.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants