Virgin Media when moving house

Found 19th Sep 2017
Hi guys,
I'm moving houses, but I also want to move to Virgin Media.
In my new house they currently have it and VM is claiming online that they need 14 working days to close their account, but on the phone the lady said that she can close their account in 1 working day, but I would have to close the deal over the phone.

The only problem is that top cashback is offering £52 and I will forfeit that if I sign up the 12month contract over the phone.
Any tips? Should I negociate the price over the phone?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Can you not just close your current account over the phone and then sign up to a new one online?
Well the current VM account is not mine, is from the current occupiers.
Ah, just re-read it. You are trying to set up an account on a house that isn't yours yet? I can't see that being allowed at all. I guess the only thing you can do is to get the current occupiers to phone VM and close their account to shorten the time you will be without services when you do actually move in.
14 days is correct, it's a working line takeover, the current occupier has to be notified in advance of your intention to take it over.
I'm the legal owner of the house, the previous owners just left and I suppose they cancelled their account. Why can she make it quicker over the phone?
She shouldn't though unless she is 100% sure the previous account holder no longer needs the services.
14 days is the norm incase of mistakes, sometimes people will give the wrong address, suddenly the occupier has no services and done without any notice, a takeover sends a letter to the address indicating someone is taking over.
gemignani9 m ago

I'm the legal owner of the house, the previous owners just left and I …I'm the legal owner of the house, the previous owners just left and I suppose they cancelled their account. Why can she make it quicker over the phone?

Who cares, you want it right away or not?
I want to use TCB and get £52 off, not just ring them to have it activated.
Essentially then you need to decide if £52 is worth potentially not having internet or TV for two weeks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants