virgin media wireless help

Banned
is there such a thing wireless router with intergrated dsl modem compatable with cable broadband?

can easily pickup a wireless router but cannot find one with built in dsl modem.

so many wireless routers with intergrated adsl modems- but obviously not compatable with vm

any suggesstions?

8 Comments

belkin n1
thats what i use and im on virgin

edit:(sorry) hasnt got an integrated modem it stands alongside your vm modem

Yeah, you just connect your ethernet cable from your PC to the wireless cable router, then a cable connecting the router to your existing cable modem.

there are plenty of VM compatible wireless routers out there. Few examples here:

PC World - go to Networking and choose ]Cable Routers (not sure if the link will work or not)

Original Poster Banned

umanga;2273303

there are plenty of VM compatible wireless routers out there. Few … there are plenty of VM compatible wireless routers out there. Few examples here:PC World - go to Networking and choose ]Cable Routers (not sure if the link will work or not)

im looking for routers with builtin dsl modem- dont fancy having a seperate modem and then a seperate router as already lack desk space

ROKO;2273351

im looking for routers with builtin dsl modem- dont fancy having a … im looking for routers with builtin dsl modem- dont fancy having a seperate modem and then a seperate router as already lack desk space

small enough that space really isnt an issue i dont think cos you could sit one on top of the other

Don't think there is such a thing mate. Plenty of DSL Modem + Router all in one but none compatible with Cable.

I would have bought one ages ago otherwise!

I have a Motorola modem linked to my Netgear wireless router. Fed up of all the blinking lights!

Have a look at the Draytek 2820 series.

draytek.co.uk/pro…tml

This has an ADSL modem and additional WAN port for your Virgin cable modem plus wireless. It may be more expensive than the common Netgear & Belkin type of routers but this is a serious bit of kit.

Original Poster Banned

melu;2273438

Don't think there is such a thing mate. Plenty of DSL Modem + Router all … Don't think there is such a thing mate. Plenty of DSL Modem + Router all in one but none compatible with Cable.I would have bought one ages ago otherwise!I have a Motorola modem linked to my Netgear wireless router. Fed up of all the blinking lights!

here here- shame us cable users are stuck with having 2 seperate pieces of equipment whilst adsl users have the luxury of having "all in one" routers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions