Virgin Media - worth leaving and then sign up using Quidco?

I'm paying Virgin £27.00 for L (10Mb) BB, Evening and Weekend calls, and some freeview box which is sitting in an attic. I'm using my own freeview box with a PVR.

Anyways Virgin's current offer of £5 for both these services (+ the £11 for the phone line) bring effectively the same offer down to £16. Quidco offers £150 for new customers.

16 x 12 = £192 - £150 (Quidco) = £42 for the full year. i.e. £3.50/month.

I have a couple of questions -
1) can someone just confirm this deal
2) How do I go about keeping my phone number if I disconnect my services and then reconnect?
3) Providing I can get past my first two concerns what would be the best deal Virgin offer me (within my notice period) that I should accept, given I would benefit hugely using Quidco.

Anyways all advice is appreciated, rep for all help.

Zak.

12 Comments

You wont be able to keep the same number I dont think when you are with the same provider like you want to do. Why dont you call them up and ask for a better deal?

I have this:

XL tv, M BB, V+ box, additional set top box, phone line XL - £39.50 a month. You get a better deal as an exisiting customer rather than a new customer

Edit - Quidco is for new customers and is not reliable. You would not be a new customer unless you signed up in your wifes/gf/someone elses name. Call them on 150, option 5 and ask what they can do for you.

PS... Virgin also dont consider you as a new customer unless you have had NONE of their services for at least 3 months.

bargainhunter2009;6208010

You wont be able to keep the same number I dont think when you are with … You wont be able to keep the same number I dont think when you are with the same provider like you want to do. Why dont you call them up and ask for a better deal?I have this:XL tv, M BB, V+ box, additional set top box, phone line XL - £39.50 a month. You get a better deal as an exisiting customer rather than a new customerEdit - Quidco is for new customers and is not reliable. You would not be a new customer unless you signed up in your wifes/gf/someone elses name. Call them on 150, option 5 and ask what they can do for you.

do you have sports and movies with that too?

bargainhunter2009;6208010

Edit - Quidco is for new customers and is not reliable

Quidco is perfectly reliable as long as you use it correctly. I've had £297 since starting with them about ten months ago and that's exactly the amount I should have got. Not had a single problem with them whatsoever.

If you're talking about in the individual case of VM, then my apologies.

Banned

why are you paying so much anyway?

The M BB (10Mbps) & talk weekend call package is a maximum of £18.50 per month incl line rental and was until recently £15 per month!

you will need to disconnect for at least 3 months and will not be able to keep your number.

Original Poster

csiman;6211107

why are you paying so much anyway?The M BB (10Mbps) & talk weekend call … why are you paying so much anyway?The M BB (10Mbps) & talk weekend call package is a maximum of £18.50 per month incl line rental and was until recently £15 per month!you will need to disconnect for at least 3 months and will not be able to keep your number.

Wow, this is what I get for putting up with them for 5 years? Can you give me a link with that offer so I can quote it when calling them?

Also, can I disconnect and sign up as my son / monther / brother etc. so I'm a new customer? Or will I still have to wait 3 months?

Finally, is there a special number around so I can speak to someone with the authority to give me a good deal, or shall I just go through to disconnections?

Btw - nice to chat to you again csiman, how's it going?

Zak.

ilovepink;6210259

do you have sports and movies with that too?

No

Original Poster

VM truely are muppets. I called disconnections and guess what they offered me? £3.50 reduction every month! She said oh that will give you the same bundle as they new customers get! I been a customer for 5 years!

Then we had a discussion regarding they're bandwidth shaping vs all the rest of the ISPs, she assured me O2 shape their traffic, when we all know thats b*llox! Eventually she goes 'OK I'm reading their T&C' and found they do not shape their traffic. I've had it with these people, seriously..

On that note what offer can I recieve from Sky, BT or any other provider within the same price range?

Zak.

Banned

Zak_K;6213595

Wow, this is what I get for putting up with them for 5 years? Can you … Wow, this is what I get for putting up with them for 5 years? Can you give me a link with that offer so I can quote it when calling them?Also, can I disconnect and sign up as my son / monther / brother etc. so I'm a new customer? Or will I still have to wait 3 months?Finally, is there a special number around so I can speak to someone with the authority to give me a good deal, or shall I just go through to disconnections?Btw - nice to chat to you again csiman, how's it going?Zak.

looks like all M BB customers have been changed on to L BB but are still paying the reduced price of £18.50

looks like all L BB customers are still paying the normal price of £25!

Not fair I know but no idea how you can change it. I'll be leaving VM if they put mine up to £25!:w00t:

Got a hangover this morning :x;-)

csiman;6218900

looks like all M BB customers have been changed on to L BB but are still … looks like all M BB customers have been changed on to L BB but are still paying the reduced price of £18.50looks like all L BB customers are still paying the normal price of £25!Not fair I know but no idea how you can change it. I'll be leaving VM if they put mine up to £25!:w00t:Got a hangover this morning :x;-)

i was an existing customer, they charge me £20 for BB now

Original Poster

csiman;6218900

looks like all M BB customers have been changed on to L BB but are still … looks like all M BB customers have been changed on to L BB but are still paying the reduced price of £18.50looks like all L BB customers are still paying the normal price of £25!Not fair I know but no idea how you can change it. I'll be leaving VM if they put mine up to £25!:w00t:Got a hangover this morning :x;-)

I've ended up with a deal thats just slightly cheaper than that. £17.45 for 10Mb BB, and Talk Evening & Weekends.

I'm paying £30 for M BB and for Unlimited landline phone calls....I thought I was getting a good deal! lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game73844460
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114481
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553774
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047087

See more discussions