Virgin Media.Any good??

Found 13th Nov 2017
Currently got SkyQ.Was happy with the service and got the package with box sets for £34 last year.To cut a long story short my bill has now gone up to £110 per month with the box sets and movies but the best price they can offer me now is £69 per month.Basically to get HD you need the box sets.I have telephone and broadband too.Thinking of switching to VM with the new box they've got.Not bothered about the movies and the whole bundle will cost me £30 per month which I think is ok.I'll be getting 100mb broadband and the basic phone package.Are Virgin media any good and is the new box better than theTivo
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
deleted800342
Yeah
Depends upon where you live - I get great speeds but have seen some have been complaining on BBC Watchdog over poor speeds. I'd ask them what is their guaranteed minimum speed.

Virgin will do the same as Sky and try to increase the price after the first year so might be wise to be prepared to switch back to Sky next year.

I just have the Tivo box and it's very poor. From what I have heard the new V6 box is a lot better.
VM box is unusable if you are used to Sky
Gollywood5 h, 32 m ago

VM box is unusable if you are used to Sky

I came from Sky to VM V6 box, while it took me a few days to get used to it, it's hardly "unusable" I will say, however, Sky's EPG is better. But then, it always has been.
I gave up Sky and find I miss very little.
Hd VM years ago, they kept cutting out weeks on end. Our phone and broadband wouldn't work.

We lasted the 2 years and never went back. Their probably better now but I wouldn't trust them.

Sky are pretty poor as well, but CBA with the hassle of switching at the moment.
I can get you an extra discount drop me a pm
The V6 box is way better than the standard TiVo box, but Sky’s EPG is better. That said it’s nothing you can’t get used to after a while.
I’ve been using VM broadband for 2 years with very little issues, not sure about their box sets and tv packages though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants