Virgin Mobile

Posted 22nd Apr
I had a basic sim from Virgin free calls to landlines and unlimited texts. Hardly ever use it but checked direct debit and they have taken £7. Not charged anything for many months and suddenly they changed me to a new package without informing me. Tried calling them can't get through. Was anyone else on this package?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
deleted622739
Have you tried logging into your account so you can see why things have changed and if your contract had finished?
Sounds like a contract, free for 6 months then £7 for the next 50 years!
Highly unlikely VM will randomly change package / change price. Far more likely some comms were sent but have not been read as changed email address, spam filtering, accidental deletion, etc.
Richard Branson upset he didn't get his bailout money so he's charging all Virgin customers £7.
Virgin have history of putting through price increases and not telling customers over the past couple of years. Though never seen them have a totally free sim before, check online just to be sure, you may have signed up to a deal and the discount end so you are now charged. Your past bill will show you discounts and end dates.
Retro8922/04/2020 02:05

Richard Branson upset he didn't get his bailout money so he's charging all …Richard Branson upset he didn't get his bailout money so he's charging all Virgin customers £7.

Luckily enough VM not owned by him then
esar22/04/2020 00:55

Sounds like a contract, free for 6 months then £7 for the next 50 years!

There was no length of contact, if you called mobiles or use data you get charged a higher rate.
martinisok22/04/2020 08:02

There was no length of contact, if you called mobiles or use data you get …There was no length of contact, if you called mobiles or use data you get charged a higher rate.

You've probably phoned a helpline that is chargeable, should show on your bill
esar22/04/2020 09:14

You've probably phoned a helpline that is chargeable, should show on your …You've probably phoned a helpline that is chargeable, should show on your bill

Nope checked the bill, I'm on a different package unlimited calls and 1gb data
martinisok22/04/2020 09:34

Nope checked the bill, I'm on a different package unlimited calls and 1gb …Nope checked the bill, I'm on a different package unlimited calls and 1gb data

Would appear to be data then, but it should still show up on bill
Just doing a text chat and they saying they sent a letter for price increase but i never received anything
Hi I had the exact same basic package for free for about 2 years that I got when they called me as I think they were trying to get me off the simply 8p tarriff. Had an email from virgin in Feb to say they were updating my package from April to the one they have put you on for £7
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions