Groups

Virgin Mobile are Useless - READ MY EXPERIENCE HERE

I bought a pay as you go mobile phone from Virgin Mobile, a Motorola W377 to be exact. I paid £42.98, which is a fair bit of money to anyone, but as a modern apprentice in IT, it’s not far from a weeks wage.

I bought the phone on the 30th March 08 and It was delivered on the 31st March. Within a week of using it, i realized it didn’t have the ability to use ‘mp3 ringtones’ as stated on the website, so i called Virgin Mobile, told them why i wished to return the mobile phone and get a full refund. As i was inside the ‘money back if you’re not satisfied’ timeline, they agreed and sent out a jiffy bag for me to return the phone in - which is standard procedure.

I returned the phone to Virgin Mobile(next day delivery) and awaited my refund. No such luck. It has now been 3 months and counting at the time of writing this (04/07/08), still no refund. I have just got off the phone with Virgin Mobile and i have been told they will call me back. They refuse time and time again to disclose the number for the Finance Team, which is worrying because they’re the people i need to contact and doing so is nigh on impossible.

I have rang up Virgin Mobile in excess of 15 times, sometimes being left hanging for periods of 20 minutes (before they answered my call). I was consistently told by Virgin Mobile representatives that the ‘Finance Team’ would call me back, however, after 15+ calls, i have only ever received two calls from the Finance Team and they claim they have sent the refund.

This is untrue because a refund from Virgin Mobile can take up to 10 days, however it has been 3 months and numerous phone calls to follow up the refund. I have rang up my bank and they say they have no blocks on any refund and if any refund from Virgin Mobile was processed, i wouldn’t have a problem receiving the money in my account. Three months of trying and no luck has me wondering what to do.

update;

I have just got off the phone with virgin mobile and they say they sent the refund, but they sent the refund to my old debit card, not my new card. (I cancelled my card and got a new one within the time they claim to have refunded me).

They are a joke. I wouldn't advise ANYONE to go with this shoddy network. I have been with Virgin Mobile for 5 years and this is how they treat me.

After shouting at the woman on the phone she has left me on hold for 1 hour+

Thankyou for reading.

14 Comments

I have been with Virgin Mobile for 5 years and this is how they treat me.

So how have they treated you for the rest of the 5 years?

Bet you wish you hadn't shouted at the poor woman. I'd have left you on hold for at least an hour if you'd shouted at me.

Ouch.. we paid £12.98 plus £8 quidco with a free BT headset some months ago on HUKD...

emasu;2456247

Ouch.. we paid £12.98 plus £8 quidco with a free BT headset some months a … Ouch.. we paid £12.98 plus £8 quidco with a free BT headset some months ago on HUKD...

That's it, rub it in why don't you :whistling::whistling::-D

Shouting at women on phones is normally a pretty effective way to get high quality, cheerful service, so I'm not sure what's gone wrong there. In future, I recommend swearing loudly, making threats, and commenting on how your wage is likely to dwarf as well.

Whatever you do, don't ever fall into the sucker trap of approaching each call calmly, talking in a professional and courteous manner, and treating the call centre agent with respect. Furthermore, especially don't do any of that nonsence where you take their details as a means to hold them accountable for their actions on the call, communicate clearly the issue and its status, and pleasantly but persistantly talk until you reach a conclusion. And especially especially, if things aren't going your way, politely say to the call taker that you accept there's nothing more that they can do, and ask to be transferred through to a manager. Because that's the sort of thing that just gets you put on hold for an hour.

Oh, hang on.

kyalion;2456255

That's it, rub it in why don't you :whistling::whistling::-D

I just remembered it :oops:

Original Poster

wow - you lot are a bunch of jokers aren't you

i shouted after she made up a **** excuse of why they wont be refunding me.

Looks like i won because i checked my balance and guess what - refunded instantly.

:-)

only took them 3 months.

Dont go with Virgin Mobile.

in$anity;2456302

wow - you lot are a bunch of jokers aren't youi shouted after she made up … wow - you lot are a bunch of jokers aren't youi shouted after she made up a **** excuse of why they wont be refunding me.Looks like i won because i checked my balance and guess what - refunded instantly. :-)only took them 3 months.Dont go with Virgin Mobile.

thesaint;2456201

So how have they treated you for the rest of the 5 years?

Original Poster

I've only used one phone for 5 years and i was due an upgrade hence buying the new one from them and i got all the trouble.

in$anity;2456302

wow - you lot are a bunch of jokers aren't youi shouted after she made up … wow - you lot are a bunch of jokers aren't youi shouted after she made up a **** excuse of why they wont be refunding me.Looks like i won because i checked my balance and guess what - refunded instantly. :-)only took them 3 months.Dont go with Virgin Mobile.

'Tis funny, though - last time I had a problem with 3, I phoned up, conducted myself pretty much as I described there, and having spoken with the manager, she agreed to sort things out. Took me no more than 40 minutes in total. Took you three months. Time before last that I had a problem with 3, an hour long conversation bore no fruit, so the girl told me she'd do what she could, and phone me back the next day. I thanked her, told her that she'd been great so far and that I've opted to do the survey and will be giving her full marks, and she sounded really happy when she closed the call. She called back the next day, and everything was sorted out in minutes. There's maybe a bit of a pattern here.

Original Poster

mate - dont talk to me like i speak to them like its my fault cos i'm angry all the time...

I rang up about 20 times for this refund, i used landlines, mobile phones, it was costin me an absolute BOMB.

20th time i got angry. 3 months of them saying they'll refund me, it's a joke.

Banned

so had you told them your new debit card number before they processed the refund?

Original Poster

colinsunderland;2456632

so had you told them your new debit card number before they processed the … so had you told them your new debit card number before they processed the refund?

yes sir i had

Banned

in that case i think i would complain again to them to see if i could get some free credit to compensate for all the calls i had to make
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891111
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2950
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24103
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?24106

See more discussions