Virgin Mobile call centers

Found 31st Dec 2017
Recently I praised them on a SIM thread. OMFG HOW WRONG WAS I! Ive had a mare these last few weeks, taking unauthorised money from my bank and shutting my service down when I got an indemnity payment through my bank! They are not VM and hadn't been for the last 5 years. If i didn't have such a good SIM deal I'd love the opportunity to shove them but as it is they've got me by my metaphorical balls! Brian from Manila is a cnut!
Community Updates
AskMobile
19 Comments
Call centres in India, has been for years now . They normally take 1-2 months money upfront Virgin ? Think they used to this . And staff are useless. They do have one call centre in the UK left but that’s for retention’s and managers !
I thought they used the follow the sun for their call centres. Try calling them at 9.30am rather than late in the evening when it goes through to India etc.

Looking on the net, the advice is go through to retention’s and they will help you (thinking of leaving us option). You can also use the web chat which is my preferred option as you have written evidence rather than a call which will be conveniently not recorded if it’s in their favour for it not to be.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Dec 2017
yozzman123413 m ago

Call centres in India, has been for years now . They normally take 1-2 …Call centres in India, has been for years now . They normally take 1-2 months money upfront Virgin ? Think they used to this . And staff are useless. They do have one call centre in the UK left but that’s for retention’s and managers !

I did manage to speak to a UK Scottish bloke who slated them but knew what the problem was very quickly but they read from a different script over there! They are really money grabbing. Our data use has been questionable for some time but we can't prove it. Something dodgy about them, don't trust them...
Edited by: "mymymy" 31st Dec 2017
cmdr_elito6 m ago

I thought they used the follow the sun for their call centres. Try calling …I thought they used the follow the sun for their call centres. Try calling them at 9.30am rather than late in the evening when it goes through to India etc.Looking on the net, the advice is go through to retention’s and they will help you (thinking of leaving us option). You can also use the web chat which is my preferred option as you have written evidence rather than a call which will be conveniently not recorded if it’s in their favour for it not to be.

Plenty of morning times calls and still a Indian call centre , they will be on shifts . Probably still less then £1 an hour to pay someone in India on a night shift .
cmdr_elito9 m ago

I thought they used the follow the sun for their call centres. Try calling …I thought they used the follow the sun for their call centres. Try calling them at 9.30am rather than late in the evening when it goes through to India etc.Looking on the net, the advice is go through to retention’s and they will help you (thinking of leaving us option). You can also use the web chat which is my preferred option as you have written evidence rather than a call which will be conveniently not recorded if it’s in their favour for it not to be.

I've called early desperately hoping for a UK person and been unlucky. I hate it when I hear that horrible accent, ruins my day. They hang up on you if they feel like it too. I'm shocked how bad they are
mymymy19 m ago

I've called early desperately hoping for a UK person and been unlucky. I …I've called early desperately hoping for a UK person and been unlucky. I hate it when I hear that horrible accent, ruins my day. They hang up on you if they feel like it too. I'm shocked how bad they are

Did you go through to thinking of leaving us?
Sorry to hear you've had vm grief mymymy.

I was in a similar boat, I changed banks and Virgin mobile didn't process the change properly they just cut me off randonmly for "non payment" and didnt tell me (they claimed they had through the post twice, which they hadn't). I didnt realise until Monday morning, I had to drive home (late for work at this point) ring up and complain, after a lot of hassle I got my service back, officially started a complaint (I had to strongly insist several times for a complaint which was a joke), got an apology (they realised they had cocked up) and then told them I'm leaving, I went to giffgaff and haven't had a problem since.
cmdr_elito6 m ago

Did you go through to thinking of leaving us?

Yes I did but it's usually the call centre. Once out of 10 I've got the UK. Maybe the Xmas period is responsible.
mymymy2 m ago

Yes I did but it's usually the call centre. Once out of 10 I've got the …Yes I did but it's usually the call centre. Once out of 10 I've got the UK. Maybe the Xmas period is responsible.

Try the live chat
Maevoric16 m ago

Sorry to hear you've had vm grief mymymy. I was in a similar boat, I …Sorry to hear you've had vm grief mymymy. I was in a similar boat, I changed banks and Virgin mobile didn't process the change properly they just cut me off randonmly for "non payment" and didnt tell me (they claimed they had through the post twice, which they hadn't). I didnt realise until Monday morning, I had to drive home (late for work at this point) ring up and complain, after a lot of hassle I got my service back, officially started a complaint (I had to strongly insist several times for a complaint which was a joke), got an apology (they realised they had cocked up) and then told them I'm leaving, I went to giffgaff and haven't had a problem since.

They sent me texts from virgin media. They just cut you off without mercy and tie you up in knots passing you around. I'm leaving them as soon as I can replace them with a better sim. Since November I've had email proof that I owed nothing but they wouldn't acknowledge they'd sent them. I woke up on boxing day to find I was overdrawn. I've got my money back and am not disconnected...maybe I've beaten them lol
mymymy3 m ago

They sent me texts from virgin media. They just cut you off without mercy …They sent me texts from virgin media. They just cut you off without mercy and tie you up in knots passing you around. I'm leaving them as soon as I can replace them with a better sim. Since November I've had email proof that I owed nothing but they wouldn't acknowledge they'd sent them. I woke up on boxing day to find I was overdrawn. I've got my money back and am not disconnected...maybe I've beaten them lol

If you got charged for going overdrawn and have evidence then take them to small claims.

O2 are pretty good and doing some good deals on data on their 12 month sim only.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Dec 2017
cmdr_elito4 m ago

If you got charged for going overdrawn and have evidence then take them to …If you got charged for going overdrawn and have evidence then take them to small claims.O2 are pretty good and doing some good deals on data on their 12 month sim only.

I had gone overdrawn and the call centre said they'd refund me 7-10 days! I rang them back the next day and got the UK bloke who told me to ask the bank for it back. It only took him minutes to read the notes and understand I'd done nothing wrong yet the other lot seem determined not to give in.
mymymy31 m ago

They sent me texts from virgin media. They just cut you off without mercy …They sent me texts from virgin media. They just cut you off without mercy and tie you up in knots passing you around. I'm leaving them as soon as I can replace them with a better sim. Since November I've had email proof that I owed nothing but they wouldn't acknowledge they'd sent them. I woke up on boxing day to find I was overdrawn. I've got my money back and am not disconnected...maybe I've beaten them lol

Yeah, remembering now (this was a few years back lol) I think it was text messages they claimed they sent (I never got them they'd cut me off several days prior lol) but well done on getting your unfairly taken money back, sounds like a victory to me (nice), if it was direct debit it might be worth making a claim with the bank under the dd guarantee.
Edited by: "Maevoric" 31st Dec 2017
people complain about vodafone customer service but i found them no problem at all, whereas virgin mobile is another matter. i called them a few months ago about plan cost going up on my husband's mobile plan and although the guy i spoke to, spoke perfect english (with an american accent), i felt like i was talking to a wall. my dog understands me better than the guy on the phone!

whatever i was saying, he didn't listen to, but just said what he wanted to say as if he was reading from a script, so after a few minutes i gave up as the conversation was going to no where and i didn't want to be rude so i ended the conversation. i don't think they would ever resolve a problem if one ever comes up. if it wasn't for the 08 numbers included in the plan, i would change my husband's mobile plan.
Maevoric2 h, 31 m ago

Yeah, remembering now (this was a few years back lol) I think it was text …Yeah, remembering now (this was a few years back lol) I think it was text messages they claimed they sent (I never got them they'd cut me off several days prior lol) but well done on getting your unfairly taken money back, sounds like a victory to me (nice), if it was direct debit it might be worth making a claim with the bank under the dd guarantee.

They are becoming dodgy. Before Christmas they conformed the money wouldn't be taken and it was sorted out yet they were unable to email me as proof it was sorted. Probably because they knew they were still going to take it. Thing is, you can protest as much as you want because you mean nothing to them.
mutley11 h, 47 m ago

people complain about vodafone customer service but i found them no …people complain about vodafone customer service but i found them no problem at all, whereas virgin mobile is another matter. i called them a few months ago about plan cost going up on my husband's mobile plan and although the guy i spoke to, spoke perfect english (with an american accent), i felt like i was talking to a wall. my dog understands me better than the guy on the phone!whatever i was saying, he didn't listen to, but just said what he wanted to say as if he was reading from a script, so after a few minutes i gave up as the conversation was going to no where and i didn't want to be rude so i ended the conversation. i don't think they would ever resolve a problem if one ever comes up. if it wasn't for the 08 numbers included in the plan, i would change my husband's mobile plan.

Some of them speak very good english but they are programmed to be your thick friend.
mutley14 h, 30 m ago

people complain about vodafone customer service but i found them no …people complain about vodafone customer service but i found them no problem at all, whereas virgin mobile is another matter. i called them a few months ago about plan cost going up on my husband's mobile plan and although the guy i spoke to, spoke perfect english (with an american accent), i felt like i was talking to a wall. my dog understands me better than the guy on the phone!whatever i was saying, he didn't listen to, but just said what he wanted to say as if he was reading from a script, so after a few minutes i gave up as the conversation was going to no where and i didn't want to be rude so i ended the conversation. i don't think they would ever resolve a problem if one ever comes up. if it wasn't for the 08 numbers included in the plan, i would change my husband's mobile plan.

surprised they spoke to you at all if it wasn't your account!
joesmum51 m ago

i speak on my husband's behalf on everything as i organise his life for him . lol.

it is actually acceptable to all organisations, including his banks, if he just authorise me to speak on his behalf when the call centre picks up the line.
joesmum5 h, 30 m ago

I'm the account holder and pay the bill for mine and my daughter's phone so I can discuss her usage etc. You can see it all online anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants