virgin mobile contract

Found 17th Nov 2011
HI i took out a virgin mobile contract out last month for 100 minutes 500 txts n internet for a blackberry curve for 8.99 a month just got the bill today and its come to £65
Community Updates
18 Comments
Double check T&Cs if its not there its a potential change of contract and you may be able to break it, but nothing else except that.
when you phone dont let it go to the answer phone
So you've used your minutes to not leave messages on answer machines? Folk like you annoy me! The answer machine is there for a reason!

And you will find that their T&Cs will state that they round each minute up. Would you expect the sales rep to run through every single detail on those T&Cs when you spoke to them?

Inb4 the 'help my phone bill is £200 because virgin mobile spent 3 hours running through T&Cs' thread
minimum call charges usually do apply - answerphone is a connection to the other person, regardless of if you leave a message or not, its the same as them answering the call

You're a bit of a knob.
The person was only looking for advice.

dimebars

So you've used your minutes to not leave messages on answer machines? … So you've used your minutes to not leave messages on answer machines? Folk like you annoy me! The answer machine is there for a reason!And you will find that their T&Cs will state that they round each minute up. Would you expect the sales rep to run through every single detail on those T&Cs when you spoke to them?Inb4 the 'help my phone bill is £200 because virgin mobile spent 3 hours running through T&Cs' thread

Which bit am I?

Advice? Don't blame virgin for your £65 phone bill that they have legitimately issued
dimebars

Which bit am I?Advice? Don't blame virgin for your £65 phone bill that … Which bit am I?Advice? Don't blame virgin for your £65 phone bill that they have legitimately issued

The End
i just dont see why i should have to pay for a minute when ive only used 1 second I only use this phone to contact my partner and he rings me back because he has loads of minutes
vlane86

i just dont see why i should have to pay for a minute when ive only used … i just dont see why i should have to pay for a minute when ive only used 1 second I only use this phone to contact my partner and he rings me back because he has loads of minutes

Get a text bundle and text him saying "call me" then??
You pay for a minute after using a second because that's how they charge! It's not uncommon
PS - nice sob story
so take it theres nothing i can do then
Not if they charge by rounding up to the nearest minute, no
Apart from read the T&Cs of your contract as was mentioned already to see if minutes are rounded up, probably not!

i just dont see why i should have to pay for a minute when ive only used … i just dont see why i should have to pay for a minute when ive only used 1 second

lol?!?!?!

*** reserved for trolling ***
Here you go as you can't seem to do it yourself

virginmobile.com/vm/…142

UK call costs

These are our costs for UK calls. There is no difference between off-peak or peak times, call rates always remain the same. We will not charge for the freephone numbers of charities and helplines listed on our website.

Calls to landlines 1, Virgin Mobiles, Freephone and Groupcall

40p per minute
Calls to other network mobiles 2 40p per minute
Text to other Virgin Mobiles2 15p per message
Text to other network mobiles2 15p per text
Minimum call charge A one minute minimum duration applies
WRXiceman

You're a bit of a knob. The person was only looking for advice.

i agree always so helpful
All the networks are now on 1 minute billing for the first minute then then per second after that.

Its in the T&C and its what you agreed to when you took the contract, sorry. There's not a lot you can do about it now. .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants