Virgin Mobile increase & changing plan

Posted 17th Feb
Just had a message with virgin about my bill going up from £7 a month to £11 and being moved to a new plan

We’re writing to let you know we’re updating your mobile plan, and from the date of your April bill we’ll be moving you to a new one. This will include 4GB data, Unlimited minutes and Unlimited texts for £11.00 a month, and any discounts you currently get will no longer apply.Other changes that will affect you.As outlined in your contract with us, your airtime plan is subject to increase each year from July, in line with the retail price index (RPI) rate of inflation. As you have now been moved to a new tariff, unless you switch from your new plan to a different one, this won’t now affect you until your July 2021 bill date. We’ll use the RPI rate announced in April 2021 to adjust your bill – and provide you with at least 30 days’ notice of the exact increase.We hope you want to continue enjoying your Virgin Mobile service. But if not, just visit our switching hub at virginmedia.com/leaveus or call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone by 31st March 2020 to cancel your airtime contract without early disconnection charges. To find out more about the above, visit virginmedia.com/aprupdateKind regards,
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
Summary: any detrimental change to contract mid-term provides the customer with option to exercise right to terminate contract early at no penalty if that right is exercised within 30days of receiving the detrimental notification.
Equally: annual RPI increase is not regarded as detrimental so on its own is not grounds to terminate contract early at no penalty.
AndyRoyd17/02/2020 22:39

Summary: any detrimental change to contract mid-term provides the customer …Summary: any detrimental change to contract mid-term provides the customer with option to exercise right to terminate contract early at no penalty if that right is exercised within 30days of receiving the detrimental notification.Equally: annual RPI increase is not regarded as detrimental so on its own is not grounds to terminate contract early at no penalty.

It's a massive increase I'm annoyed only renewed recently as they put my contract down from £10 to £7 as I was going to leave. There's no way I'm paying £11 from £7 thought I'd be able to leave
What tariff are you on currently?
Edited by: "Gollywood" 18th Feb
Happens all the time they removed our package 2 years ago for all numbers on one account moved us from £4 to £6 a month and last year removed one tariff from £6 to £13 in our case others got bigger increases. Problem was it was only one number that was removed, the other two stayed the same and they couldnt explain why the number that used the smalllest amount of data was being removed and the other two werent.
Gollywood18/02/2020 02:56

What tariff are you on currently?

It was just a 12 month rentention deal at £7 4G 1500mins + 1GB + 4GB Bonus
A quick shop around and Three are doing 8GB data, unlimited calls and texts for £8 a month. vote with your feet
n64play18/02/2020 14:24

A quick shop around and Three are doing 8GB data, unlimited calls and …A quick shop around and Three are doing 8GB data, unlimited calls and texts for £8 a month. vote with your feet

£4.46/m equiv for 3s 8GB unlim mins&txt 12m SIMO when factoring the £42.50 cashback opportunity, plus if you want more data you can trade some of the unlim mins; dropping unlim mins to 600mins usually (historically) bags unlim data.
Mention of £42.50 cashback at time of this post here: topcashback.co.uk/3-m…le/
We’ve just had an email about this, changing from £1.05/month to £8!!! I don’t think so!
Same here I had one number on £0.00 tariff for life that gave free calls to landlines and texts. No data and charged if called mobiles which is what they hoped for so they could charge 50p a call. Got email today to say being moved to £7 a month for 1gb data, calls and text. So much for lifetime deal. Anyone know the cheapest deals as don't really need data on this number just for calls and texts.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants