VIRGIN Mobile old packages

Found 29th Jul
FYI everyone, if you had a VM old package which included 0845/0870 numbers for free, Virgin have sneakily changed your package to a different one and removed your free 0845/0870 feature. So, from 2nd July, any 0845/0870 numbers you have dialled will have been charged at the 58p/min or so rate.

There were no comms sent about this and it's all very underhanded IMO.
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
They should have sent out emails, they have got rid of loads of “uncompetitive” packages recently, their word not mine. including the 5gb for £4 deal from last October/ November by 50% and all customers on that one but oddly not everyone got an increase even though they told me they did, managed to get credit added to our broadband account because of the increase. Increase was £6 across 3 sims but they gave us £8 credit. Our 40GB for a tenner sim was not affected which seems strange.

If you didn’t get the email, might even have been a letter and text call them as they have to give you notice before increasing.
My old T-mobile includes all 08 numbers, wonder when EE will pull the plug... The best thing is the plan which was supposed to be free for 12 months (massive HUKD deal back in the day) is still free nearly 5 years on... The only struggle - 500mb data
senukas13 m ago

My old T-mobile includes all 08 numbers, wonder when EE will pull the …My old T-mobile includes all 08 numbers, wonder when EE will pull the plug... The best thing is the plan which was supposed to be free for 12 months (massive HUKD deal back in the day) is still free nearly 5 years on... The only struggle - 500mb data

This one?
jamie01516 m ago

This one?

No, tried search but couldn't find it. It was direct from T-mobile £8 for 250 min, 500 sms and 500mb back in Nov 2013 (heh heh) but free after credit
Edited by: "senukas" 29th Jul
senukas4 h, 0 m ago

Found it …Found it https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-pay-monthly-sim-on-t-mobile-1714290They still apply £8 credit each month

I've still got two of them as well, not free anymore though, 44p a month each due to inflation. I did point out any percentage rise on zero is still zero but I decided not to push it.
senukas29th Jul

Found it …Found it https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-pay-monthly-sim-on-t-mobile-1714290They still apply £8 credit each month

Looks like they are ending it now
Edited by: "jamie015" 3rd Aug
Im still on old tariff 😁. 5000 minutes unlimited texts and 5gb data with 5000 minutes to 08 numbers £10...
Shotzz9643 m ago

Im still on old tariff 😁. 5000 minutes unlimited texts and 5gb data …Im still on old tariff 😁. 5000 minutes unlimited texts and 5gb data with 5000 minutes to 08 numbers £10...

Do check your bill asap! Hopefully you have life insurance to deal with the shock
zworld4 m ago

Do check your bill asap! Hopefully you have life insurance to deal with …Do check your bill asap! Hopefully you have life insurance to deal with the shock

Virgin my account is showing alright..
Shotzz963 h, 7 m ago

Virgin my account is showing alright..

What about the Recent charges section ?

34603945-Qw4IL.jpg
Edited by: "zworld" 4th Aug
Need to login in to my virgin account for that.. dont know my password lol.
Shotzz962 h, 25 m ago

Need to login in to my virgin account for that.. dont know my password lol.

No 'forgot password' link?
deeky2 m ago

No 'forgot password' link?

Ive got 2 sim cards both were on the same tariff. One of them i received a message about virgin changing the tariff and it had changed and updated on my account app before july. My second sim is still showing the old tariff and no message from virgin.
Shotzz9634 m ago

Ive got 2 sim cards both were on the same tariff. One of them i received a …Ive got 2 sim cards both were on the same tariff. One of them i received a message about virgin changing the tariff and it had changed and updated on my account app before july. My second sim is still showing the old tariff and no message from virgin.

It’s common, see my first comment above, we got it on three sims, inlaws didnt, I complained in June to be told it’s uncompetitive package and everyone was getting an increase. when I found others weren’t, complained again and they asked who so they could check told them I wasn’t going to say and they gave us account credit on our BB couldn’t add it to the phone.
eslick9 m ago

It’s common, see my first comment above, we got it on three sims, inlaws d …It’s common, see my first comment above, we got it on three sims, inlaws didnt, I complained in June to be told it’s uncompetitive package and everyone was getting an increase. when I found others weren’t, complained again and they asked who so they could check told them I wasn’t going to say and they gave us account credit on our BB couldn’t add it to the phone.

Right... but I havent received a letter or any sort of notice about my second number.. its a good thing that i havent called out any 08 number so far . I need to check in the morning regarding this number.
Beware of Virgins freestyle packages as well.

They advertise the contract as a separate loan for the handset with the ability to change your sim only contract to any package as you see fit, its worded to make it look like you can upgrade and downgrade the calls package, what they do though is lock you into a selection of poor priced packages that you can pick from with no room for movement on any offers or better sim deals, unless you pay off the full handset and leave and rejoin!

If you pay off the handset they will then tell you the warranty on the handset reverts to the manufacturer and they have no liability (even through this is breach of consumer rights and pretty sure its illegal) Just recently been awarded £340 for the handset £60 for an engineers report and £500 for inconvenience and distress caused by CISAS, and they still are adamant they are not responsible for repairs.
So, I cancelled the direct debit so that Virgin cannot take the amount without sorting out the mess. They ended up deactivating my account and turning it into a PAYG one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions